close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Storm Pictures

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cheezemm2, Aug 10, 2007.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Just wondering if anyone got some pics from last nights crazy clouds/weather!?!?

I'd like to see how it looked when it came over others OGFer's houses/work!

[​IMG]

Still not sure if they confirmed a tornado in Portage Lakes or not?!!?

2. That's just about EXACTLY what it looked like when it came over my house in Massillon!!!!

Scared the wife pretty bad - but not bad enough for her to head out and make her HAIR appointment!! HAHA!!!!!

3. Agent47

Agent47 Trying to pull it in!!!!

I went outside and looked up and watched these 2 clouds starting to spin like the yin yan symbol right above me....Started thinking, better get the pets as I might be looking for a yellow brick road. LOL

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

id hate to be out on erie and have that between me and the ramp:eek:

cool pic

5. Send that to the weather channel! Thats Awesome! If I was on the lake and saw that coming ! I'd be finding a five gallon bucket to sit on to save my nice shorts!:(

6. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

But I think i've seen that pic before, cheezemm2 did you take that yourself?

7. Humm now that you said that that car looks like from the 70's! Oh and I dont see any pot hole in the road!

8. cheezemm2

If you'd like I can post the same picture with the rt 21 (local to this area) signs in it:)

These are off of NewsChannel 5 in the Cleveland/Akron viewing area...anyone who lives in this area can tell you this is exactly what was outside last night.

I'll see if I can drum up the picture you're thinking about Ack:)

9. cheezemm2

10. Acklac looked like one of those Katrina photos.

flickr.com/photos/harleigh/2002

11. Dixie Chicken

Dixie Chicken I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!

Psst....Big Daddy works for Channel 3......

12. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Thanks for the awesome picture and links.
    My brothers neighborhood got tore up pretty bad up near Doylestown.

13. I'm a weather buff and that news 3 pic is now in my fav's!

14. I have never seen a storm with that many multiple layers of rotation! The only storms that I now of that can do that are typhoons and hurricanes! This does not normally happen over land only water! Correct me if I'm wrong!:)

15. Awesome photos thanks for posting. I checked out Rocky River after the initial downpour and wished I had my camera. The river was close to overflowing and full of massive tree trunks. I saw one tree that had been split in half by lightning I assume, chunks of bark were everywhere.
    Mother Nature is a harsh mistress.

16. It sure has been a WILD weather week, that's for sure...

Thanks for the props as far as TV 3 too... I know the bosses appreciate it.

There's a BIG push underway to really get more viewer involvement through posting pictures, weather, pets, fishing photos, news you see happen, nature photography... You can submit your pix through a link on the wkyc.com/outdoors page... Sort of a pain, but I'm working on the powers that be to change to a simpler system...

So, if you have some cool pix, choose a category and upload away! Or you can send them to me at cbachtel@wkyc.com and I'll get them where they need to go.

Be sure to leave your name and a description of the photo too! LOL!:D

17. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

hey carl whats your take with the news stations trying to scare people when a simple storm hits (mostly ch 8 ) my girlfriend watched it when the storm hit and it was more of a scare tactic to get people to watch

i just dont like it at all

18. I just posted some pics of the storm in the photo gallery. I didn't take them.
    I have a whole story about this storm but will spare you all. I'll just say I was driving in the sunshine one minute, and the next minute I was being swallowed by this mothership cloud. Scared the crap out of me!!!

19. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

My apologies!

There have been a number of "fake" storm pics going around the net that looked nearly identical to those...I've never seen anything like that in my life (let alone in Ohio) figured they must be fakes..I was wrong.

That being sad the pictures contained on this site (all fake) and the pictures of the storm are earily similar....

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hurricane-katrins-pix.htm

[​IMG]