close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Storm damage?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shortdrift, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Here in Medina we got one heck of a wind blast that lasted a couple minutes. :eek: Thought I got by scot clean until I went down to check on the boat by the barn. Two large trees down but both missed my prized posession. :) So much for tomorrows Erie trip as it will be several hours of chainsaw duty. :(

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

That sucks SD! Glad no one or nothing was hurt.

3. I Would Call Your Ins. Co.///my Sisters Co. Pd. For Her Tree Damage

4. Hey Ron!!
    Sorry about your trees, Mother Nature can be pretty nasty
    sometimes, we have had lots of rain, But no major damage,,,,,
    If you need any help, let me know. I would be glad
    to run up and help out...
    Just give me a call....
    Stan

5. Glad you're OK out there Ron. It sure was a hard hitting line that went through yesterday evening!

Carl

6. I'm in Fairlawn and that storm dropped a 6" limb on my kid's 3 week old car and dropped a full sized maple in the back yard that crushed my above ground pool, filter, and gas heater. I went to the basement when I thought the windows were about to blow in. Nobody hurt, but the little kids in the family are all bummed out.

Hello, Allstate...................

The clean-up will probably ruin my weekend plans for fishing.

7. I feel like I got off easy after reading ohiojmj's damage. Glad nobody got hurt.

8. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I'm glad to hear everyone is safe and unharmed. :) :cool:

9. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

Sorry to hear about the damage. I knowwhere your coming from though. My roof damage from "one" of the past storms was minimal and me and the wife were up on the roof on Saturday replacing about 50 shingles that got ripped off. We must have done ok as they survived yesterdays blast, but my hands are sore (Knuckles). Next time I wear gloves when selectively removing shingles. It took our insurance company about 3 weeks to get around to accessing our damage. That wasn't a problem to me as we were only missing some shingle, which we have covered up. There were 85 other claims he had to process and he was summons up here from Florida as all field people are swamped from the area accessing damga everywhere. There were people worse off than me that needed this guy more than me. I'm glad it's over for me but the houses on the West side of Barberton (14th-15th St) have some major foundation damage to some already old houses.