Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what systems folks have come up with to store rods on their boats? I trailer my boat so I cannot leave the rods sticking up and while I have some rod storage space on my boat, it is too small for trolling rods without breaking them down which is a hassle.

Right now I just leave them lying in the bottom of my boat but I have been known to accidentally step on one or two of them :(

I did see this pedestal mount holder which looked kind of neat http://www.lumarod.com/
But before I buy or make something similar I was wondering what other ideas folks have come up with.

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Here's a vid on my cabelas pedastal mount rod holders with 8 tubes at the bottom.I can move mine up front or in the back. Mine is the deluxe so I put a T bracket mount on top because I use it more for trolling than rod storage. Get the one without that top bracket,and should have no problem getting 8 big linecounter rigs to store in them vertically. I don't trailer them in that position.Pedestal only,yes.I prop my rods up horizontally on the bottom of the tubes when trailering.

They come in 4 different styles of base mounts.With the T-bracket on it, I can easily store a couple 2-3 combos vertically. Also handy for holding the net,digital scales,and loose cranks,pliars, in the slots of the tubes.

The top of the pedastal of the lumarods (black foam) look a little cheezy.Kinda like those old berkely vertical rod mounts for walls.Doesn't look like the rod will stay upright if rougher water.Mine's got the long tubes and they won't go anywhere in rough conditions, linecounter reels fit nicely in the slots of the tubes,as well as the large trigger casting salmon/downrigger rod handles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts