close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

storing perch tackle

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by freyedknot, Sep 13, 2005.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

how do you perchers store all your pech tackle ?? mostly the spreaders and the crappie rigs??? got keep it neat???

2. I switched to using Bear Claws for hook attachment. Put a snap on the end of the line for a sinker then one or two bear claws with snelled hooks above that. When finished perchin I simply pop the bear claws and sinker off the line and hook the line clip to one of the guides. No tangles no more.

3. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I bought one of those "beginners" tackle boxes at Wal Mart for like $1.99. It's about 14" long, 8" wide, and 6" tall.

It holds all of the perch tackle you could use in ten years. I hook the ends of the spreaders together, so they form an oblong "O", put in a couple packs of gold hooks, a couple packs of 3/4 oz sinkers, and your ready to go.

4. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

I fish for perch with a single hook. I can fish longer that way. I don't like to limit out too soon.

5. I keep 2 tackle boxes onboard. One for trolling, one for everything else. By the time Fall comes around all the perch gear is on the bottom, I simply turn it upside down, dump everything out and throw everything back in leaving the perch gear on top . :D This system has it's advatages, since I never fish alone when I go to pull 1 rig out usually 2 or 3 more come with it.

Keep it neat? Why treat the tackle box be any differently than the rest of my boat, or house, garage, truck, van...................................................

Chris

6. Riverman

Riverman Banned

A piece of dense styrofoam or soft wood works great for rigged spreaders. Use short nails at one end and burry the hooks in the other.

7. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

it's those darn crappie rigs that get everything all messed up.