close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stonelick

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Skooky, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Skooky

Skooky Fish Wizard

I was wondering how the fishing is there ? If it's very productive what are the species being caught ? gills, crappie, bass ? I realize it is an electric motor only lake which part of its appeal. I fish Kiser Lake alot so that is no problem at all.

thanks, Jeff

2. Ive been getting a few trout every time I go out there.

3. catking

catking Banned

I grew up fishing that lake, and still live 10 minutes from it. It is a hard lake to fish, as far as getting fish to hit. It does have a fair share of LM Bass , but the pan fish are stunted . This is one lake you don't want to travel to far to fish. Cowan on the other hand, which is about 20 minutes away, is a lake that produces............. CATKING :)

4. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Hey Catking,
    Is stonelick iced up now?

5. catking

catking Banned

I haven't been by there lately Timmy boy, as I haven;t worked in 3 weeks, and as you know, I pass the lake every day. But, it was open the last time I saw it . But with the zero temps this past week, I would think the ice is everywhere. ........ CATKING

6. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

I've had a lot of luck at Stonelick in the summer with LM bass, more so than I've had anywhere else. Keep in mind that I'm a shore fisherman and don't fish for LM that much, but I've had good luck the few times I've been there on summer evenings. I did catch a decent amount of small crappie one night too. It is a nice quiet lake to fish, a lot like Kiser.

7. Skooky

Skooky Fish Wizard

Thanks everyone for the information. Stonelick is about an hours worth of road away from me. I live about 20 minutes north of Dayton. I was interested because it is a smaller lake with electric only motors away from jet skis and all of that. I was wondering if it would be worth a short 2 day camping trip every now and then. I am definetly going to put it on my "to go to list" this year. At least once. I have a 14' fishing boat and up until last year was mainly shorebound. I'm looking for those small quite places for me and the family. Kiser lake is one of my favorites for most of those reasons, quite, small and fairly decent fishing.

8. The campgrounds there are very nice...and the lake is one i've always liked to fish, just never caught as many as i thought i should have (fished it mostly for carp). It does have lots of shore access which makes it a good place for those who are shorebound or want to take the kids out for panfish. I've even landed a few decent bass fishing from the shore, but have mostly targetted carp and catfish. Definitely worth a visit if you're looking for a quiet lake to fish.

9. catking

catking Banned

Skooky - Since you live that close, you would really enjoy a weekend trip there . The campgrounds, like cwcarper mentioned, are REALLY NICE and the lake is peaceful. There are nice bass in that lake. You would enjoy it. If you decide to go, pm me, and I''l get you a couple numbers of campsites that are prime. That way, you can call and pre-register for one of them ;) THE CATKING !!!

10. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

Ohio game and fish magazine rated stonelick as one of it's top picks for bass in this month's issue.

11. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Where is stonelick lake?

thanks...

12. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

13. Skooky

Skooky Fish Wizard

I've already checked out the campsite maps. It looks as if it has some located near the water :) Any tips for prime camping sights would be appreciated. I'm really looking forward to checking it out.

14. Sites 25,26, and 27 are on the water and provide good carpin in the spring.

15. catking

catking Banned

There really isn't any bad sites at Stonelick. They all have trees and the drainage is very good.......... THE CATKING !!!