close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stonelick Trout

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Floater, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

Has anyone been fishing Stonelick for trout since they stocked it last week? I was thinking of giving it a shot this weekend.

2. catking

catking Banned

Hey Floater !!- Haven't heard of any reports. Might stop by today to see the progress. The trout released should have made their way down to the lower end by now. Good Luck !!...THE CATKING !!!

3. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

Hey Catking,

Thanks for the reply. Let me know if you hear anything.

4. catking

catking Banned

Hey Floater- The Troutmen were out in force yesterday. The trout have probably made it down to the dam by now ;) .Good Luck to you. I'll be riding by Saturday to check things out :cool: ...THE CATKING !!!

5. catking

catking Banned

Hey Guys & Gals- They stocked more trout today at Stonelick. Just letting those interested know ;) ........... THE CATKING !!!

6. went to stonelick yesturday for the trout, got there around 8:30, there were already a few guys there, others showed up as it got later in the morning, everyone seemed to be catching them, i only caught one, but it was a good day to be out

7. catking

catking Banned

Thanks for the update 'rap RS :) .THE CATKING !!!

8. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

Thanks for the replys, unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get out there. How long can you catch them after they are stocked? Do they bite well at night?

9. catking

catking Banned

Hey Floater- You can catch them right up to ice freeze over. They stock plenty, and I've seen people do ok in Dec. As far as night time, I really don't have a clue......... CATKING

10. how do fish for them at stonelick?around the dam area?

11. anyone been trying, or had any luck with the trout, havent been for about a month, was wondering whats goin on with them

12. traphunter

traphunter Guest

I would also like to know. I got both of my deer early this year so I am now back to fishing. :cool:

13. catking

catking Banned

Hey Guys- Fish down by the dam, deadline with either power bait or corn if you want the trout. By this time they are all down that way. Usually after release, the trout will make their way down to the dam area. I have found through chatting with many anglers that dead line works BY FAR the best. Good Luck to all of you guys.... By the way, I have caught them in a cast net below the spillway while getting shad. Yes, I released them , but they sure would have made great bluecat cut bait ;) ......... THE CATKING !!!

14. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Thanks for the info. catking, I will probably be down there Saturday morning, untill 11am. If you come by that way stop in and say hey.

15. catking

catking Banned

I sure will Trap , if I'm out and about, which I usually am. Good luck to you.............. CATKING :)

16. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Well it looks like I might be there Sunday instead of saturday. The weather for tomorrow is calling for a high of 36 with wind,rain, and snow? I will know for sure in the morn. If Im there tomorrow I will be parked up by the dam driving the little red toyota.

17. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Didnt make it out today because of crappy weather down my way, but tommorow( Sun) I will definetly be there. Would it be better to go in the early morning or go in the afternoon and let the water warm up a bit first?

I know early this spring over at Rocky Fork trout fishing we went in at dawn and did not get a bite, then went back out in the afternoon once the water warmed up some and we started catching them.

18. catking

catking Banned

I believe late afternoon would be the better choice, even towards evening..... CATKING