close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stonelick bassin?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Rooster, Jun 17, 2004.

1. I have not fished for bass at Stonelick for over ten years, but will be giving it a try this weekend. I fished the lake for carp last week, and only caught a few small cats. The lake looked better than I had anticipated with all the rain that we have received in the last few weeks. So, what are some good baits for Stonelick bass? I know that the lake has a good population of shad and will probably start with a spinnerbait or crank. Any pointers?

2. catking

catking Banned

LARGE black or purple rubber worms fished slowly ;) CATKING

3. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

Was up at cowin a couple weeks ago and had a guy tell me that stonelick lake was rated one of the top ten bass lakes in the state.Anyone else hear this and is it that good for bass?

4. That is not correct, stonelick is not a top bass lake, however it would be correct to say that Cowan is one of the top lakes in the state for bass

5. OhioAngler

OhioAngler Snag Master

Is there any good bass fishing at all at Stonelick? What about crappie? And, Cowan might have been considered a good bass lake last year and the years before - but I think it has dropped off this year.

6. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Both Cowan and Stonelick were mentioned as good bass lakes in the July edition of Ohio Game and Fish. :) But then again it said 30lb. flats and 10lb. channels were common in Rocky Fork. so I dont know how accurate it is. :cool:

7. catfishhunter001

catfishhunter001 The Natural

Just like anyware else man,6-8' rubber worm and select the color acording to the water color. The best bait I've used this year is yumm crawls moss green small-med on a carolina rig. Bass destroy them. and smallies cant resist them. give them a try. I mostly use them in creeks. But they are a real wonder bait.