Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not fished for bass at Stonelick for over ten years, but will be giving it a try this weekend. I fished the lake for carp last week, and only caught a few small cats. The lake looked better than I had anticipated with all the rain that we have received in the last few weeks. So, what are some good baits for Stonelick bass? I know that the lake has a good population of shad and will probably start with a spinnerbait or crank. Any pointers?

·
The Fish Feeder
1,568 Posts
Was up at cowin a couple weeks ago and had a guy tell me that stonelick lake was rated one of the top ten bass lakes in the state.Anyone else hear this and is it that good for bass?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is there any good bass fishing at all at Stonelick? What about crappie? And, Cowan might have been considered a good bass lake last year and the years before - but I think it has dropped off this year.

T

·
0 Posts
Both Cowan and Stonelick were mentioned as good bass lakes in the July edition of Ohio Game and Fish. :) But then again it said 30lb. flats and 10lb. channels were common in Rocky Fork. so I dont know how accurate it is. :cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just like anyware else man,6-8' rubber worm and select the color acording to the water color. The best bait I've used this year is yumm crawls moss green small-med on a carolina rig. Bass destroy them. and smallies cant resist them. give them a try. I mostly use them in creeks. But they are a real wonder bait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts