close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stonelick advice

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by traphunter, Jun 5, 2007.

1. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Hey all. I have been working in Kentucky and I can drive right past Stonelick on my way back. Once I get my motor fixed I will have my jon boat back in commision and can tale it out there. Can someone give me some advice on where to start. I am willing to fish for whatever bites. Thanks,

2. just remember stonelick is electric motor only

3. traphunter

traphunter Guest

ya I got a 52 lb thrust MinnKota

4. Bow Movement

Bow Movement 2001 Ranger 520DVX & 1975 Hydro Sport Bassboat

I to have thought about goine to Stonelick. But can someone tell me what the size limits are for bass and Crappie there? I looked in the ohio fishing regulation book but did not find anything which leads me to think there is no size limit?
    This is just for info only as I only C&R all Bass.
    But may have a little friendly tournament with some friends...
    Plus any other info on this lake would be great....
    Thanks

5. there has to be some crappie back in the backend where the river (creek) comes in with all that cover

6. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

The lake is pretty small, You can cover the whole thing in a couple of hours if you are fishing search baits. I would do that for a few trips and once a found a productive bank or two then I would slow down and flip.

7. Red The Fisherman

Red The Fisherman River Rambler

If you start at the boat docks, work the shore line towards the damn (good cover) The lake gets real shallow on the East end. Good luck, I've never done all that well at Stonelick for Bass. Good Crappie fishing though! If it's a bust try the tailwaters.

8. I have been fishing the lake for more than 30years, fantastic lake, just like the fellow stated earlier from the boat ramp fish the end of the lake towards the dam, and stay in the channel. the channel hits 2 critical points and runs along two well structured banks. Good luck!

9. didnt they drain this lake about 12 years ago,did they restock it?:C

10. traphunter

traphunter Guest

hey thanks for the info

11. They never drained the lake, they did lower it twice once to dredge it and once to do the new dock at the dam end, they did a few years ago start with the trout in the fall and spring also the did stock it with fingerling channels about 3-4 yrs ago. They did a crappie study on it years ago, for the 176 acre lake the estimated 850000 crappie, that is a huge number and problem.

12. there used to be tiger musky when i was a kid any left?;)