close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stonelick 7/13-14

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TimJC, Jul 14, 2004.

1. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Well I went carping at stonelick last (for more on the heroic adventure click here), but all I could manage to catch were channels. I landed 3 from 1:30a to 3a with the largest at 7.5lbs being last. All 3 were caught on the same rig, which was a carp hair rig with a tiger nut and chick pea that were popped up with a small cork ball on the hair.

It's still not a level 1 but I was carp fishing after all. Maybe someone can help me remedy this small catfish problem at Eagle Creek ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a picture at sunrise
    [​IMG]

2. Congrats on the cats!

We caught a 4lb carp on cut shad last week while fishing for channel cats - Go figure! :D

3. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Nice fish. Too bad on the carp. :(

4. catking

catking Banned

Keep pluggin it Tim ;) Hey, good old wheatie dough balls have been known to catch carp there. All that freakin fancy stuff you are using just scares these hillbilly carp out this way :D . Nice channel cats though. THE CATKING !!!

5. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Maize and chick peas are far from fancy and dough is below the belt. MAYBE I'll try rye krisp, Maybe...

6. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

Somehow my brother-in-law talked me into fishing for bass twice this week. I hate bass fishing. But I did very well and he got skunked both days. I caught a total of 5 and lost 3 at the boat and had several hits missed. All small, biggest was probably 2 pounds if that. But it was fun have the catman skunk the bassman at his own game. LOL

7. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

Oh and that is one shallow lake. We were in less than 3 feet of water most of the time.