close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stonelick 12/18

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JIMS SVT, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Went back to stonelick today to try for trout again.Caught one on a white/pink hair jig tipped with a maggot.Tried corn and a few other things with no luck.Just the one .Oh well.At least I got one.

Attached Files:

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I'd be happy catching anything now. With this weather changing and getting cold, I'd say you did god to catch that trout. Pretty trout!

3. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Good job, we went last week and also got one, except it was snagged so it really didnt count as a catch.

4. I got three yesterday and a crappie.

5. catking

catking Banned

Ones better than none :D .Hey, they are still in there, and on pleasant winter days, are there for the taking. This weather heading to us will shut down our fishing. The lake will be iced over by probably end of next week....... CATKING

6. I had ice on it yesterday.Today it was getting closer to the dam.I figure im done till spring.I usually hit eastfork but wanted to try for some trout.

7. When spring comes and the water starts getting warm what will happen to the trout?Will they die off?Or will some make it?I was atalking to a few guys at the lake about them.They said they had caught anywhere from 18'' to about 24'' trout from there.I take it that some make it through the summer.I thought the lake was fairly shallow.

8. fishfinder

fishfinder trying

The lake has a natural population of trout so I recon there are some that survive.