close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stolen Rods-reels-etc-why Oh Why?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eye4neye, May 27, 2004.

1. :mad:

WHY IN THE #$# DOES ANYONE WANT TO STEAL FROM ANOTHER HARD WORKING MAN...MY SOUSIN WAS TO MEET ME ON TUES MORNINGS FOR A FEW HRS OF RELAXING CRAPPIE FISHING AND HE WENT TO THE TRUCK AND GUESS WHAT---YOU GOT IT, 3 RODS AND REELS, AND TACKLE BOX FULL OF BRAND NEW WQUIPTMENT....HE JUST GOT INTO FISHING HARD THIS YR AND LOVES IT...I GAVE HIM 2 OF THE RODS AND REELS AND THE OLD BOX AND ALOT OF GEAR, LURES, ETC. AND HE IS SO UPSET....I TOLD HIM THAT YOU CANNOT LEAVE THAT STUFF ALONE FOR EVEN A MINUTE TO RUN INSIDE TO TAKE A LEAK OR SOMEONE WILL STEAL IT....I WOULD LOVE TO BE CHOPPING OFF SOMEONES FINGERS BUT UNFORTUNATELY THOSE LOW LOFES WILL NEVER BE CAUGHT....SO I AM GOING TO START LOOKING FOR SOME NEW STUFF FOR HIM, HE LOVES TO FISH NOW AND ILL BE DAMNED IF I WILL LET A COUPLE OF LOW LIFES RUIN A GREAT THING WE HAVE TOGETHER....WE ARE REALLY CLOSE COUSINS AND HE IS REALLY CLOSE WITH MY WIFE AND KIDS ALSO, AND I JUST HATE TO SEE THIS HAPPEN, BECUASE HE IS JUST GETTTING GOING GOOD IN HIS LIFE, WITH A GREAT NEW WIFE AND BABY ON THE WAY, THEN THESE LOW LIFES TAKE SOMETHING AWAY , ALTHOUGH TEMPORARY, FROM HIM THAT HE LOVES TO DO...OH WELL, I GUESS ALL WILL BE JUDGED SOMEDAY, SOME HOW SOME WAY....THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT FOLKS..I FEEL BETTER...EYE(TONY)

2. catking

catking Banned

There isn't anything worst. And the two usually go hand in hand. Sorry to hear that. Lesson learned the hard way, and I've been there done that also. CATKING

3. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

Sorry to hear about your cousins bad luck, eye. I see your from Lancaster, have you checked out J&R's bait shop on 188 west side of town? Really good deals on rods and reels.

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Tony,

You have a pm :)

5. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I lost a tool box ( from Christmas 1969) and a tackle box in the mid-90's parked on a ramp parking lot. I guess I left the vent window open, but I see broken windows sometimes in other vehicles. Don't leave anything of value inside a truck, especially not in the bed, never leave anything.....keep your transom saver in your boat. I have locks on my trailer hitch, and on my spare tire too. I guess you could always leave your doors unlocked so they don't have to break a window too. I know someone who does that. :mad: He told me that's what he does right after my truck was robbed.

6. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

PS: I'm real cautious at the ramps too, it would only take someone a second to grab something(rods, tackle) & leave the ramp in their boat while you are parking or getting your vehicle. I never leave my camera out. :confused:

7. Yo, Tony, I got a couple of rods and reels that I just hardly use anymore. I have too many. I will "DONATE" them to your Cousin for you. We are all brothers here after all. All you gotta do is come up here and get them. Let me know.

8. Hey tony I sent you a pm but I will post it here. I have an extra tackle box if you want it. I believe it is a Plano brand. It two sides that fold up and out and a big empty spot on the bottom. I am sure he can find enough stuff to fill it. Let me know.

fishintiger

9. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

man that really bites, really ticks me off.......... :cool:

10. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

On sort of a related note, I will relay a little tip that might help someone down the road.

Before I put a reel on a rod I stick an address label under the seat.
    Thieves are not usually bright enough to look under the reel seat.
    In the off chance that you spot your stolen reels, you should be able to prove they are yours by showing law authorities the label ;)

Also there is an outside chance that thieves might pawn you outfits and an honest pawnbroker will understand the labels significance.

I know this is a low percentage chance but it will improve chances of recovering your gear a little. If I hear that one guy is able to nail a thief with this method it will be worth my time :D

Eye4eye

You may want to check if any bussinesses possibly had surveilence cameras running in the area. This could reveal the thieves.

I would at least alert police and rangers so the can watch the area closer and possibly prevent someone else from getting ripped off.

11. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Tony I think I can help out a little.
    You have mail!!
    Jim

12. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

sorry to hear about that!
    it would sure be one heck of a world if there weren't any thieves.

13. JV1

JV1

you could load up the car with more rods and tackle and park in the same spot and hide in the bushes with a baseball bat .... just a thought

14. JV1

JV1

you could load up the car with more rods and tackle and park in the same spot and hide in the bushes with a baseball bat .... just a thought

15. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

A few years ago I had my tackle box taken from my boats at the Portage Lakes Old State Park. I went to the outhouse for only a minute and when I came back it was gone. I am thankful everything else was still there. My renters home insurance covered the loss.

16. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

a couple years ago I left my car unlocked to run into the baitstore for some worms, when I came out some low life was stealing my cooler right out of the front seat, he jumped into a waiting car, I ran them down and took away from them and then showed them why they shouldn't steal :D Sorry about your cousin's trouble.

17. catking

catking Banned

First of all - Hey Ray !!!! Second- While I was at Santee Cooper in S.C a couple years ago, the guide I hired for a day had all his poles and tackle stolen. I'm talkin 10 rods a reels , the works. I swear, some people.......... CATKING :)