close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stolen Poles and Tackle

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HockingEscape, Jun 4, 2007.

1. HockingEscape

HockingEscape AKA RXDAWG44

This is a longshot but, stolen right out of my mount rack in the bed of my pickup were my tackle box and 2 poles. Right from my driveway in Avon Lake. Now the theifs also stole an unmarked police car from my neighbor the same night (last thursday night). The car has not been recovered yet so they could be anywhere. The one that hurts the most is my custom made pole which is white with Brown and Orange trim around the eyes. It was a little over 7 feet long with a Diawa EXC2500 series reel. There are allot of eyse on this boeard so I figured it was worth putting up here.

2. Stole an unmarked police car too?? That's CRAZY!

Doesn't the police car have some sort of locating device on it - lo-jac or something???

3. HockingEscape

Amazingly no. No locating device in the car.

4. That is really amazing.......makes you wonder, doensn't it?? I bet that cop is really pizzed......my dad just retired from the local police dept. as the lead detective after 36 years........I'm pretty sure his car had some sort of locating device on it.

5. good luck they got me last year on the boat they broke the locker and got six rods and reels from now on all takle goes in the house .........

6. Wow there has been alot of things stolen latly.

7. Sorry to hear about your loss. When I was in Alaska, my truck was broken into. They stole some a few items nothing big but it really pissed me off. I set and wired two #2 raccoon traps under my seat and left the doors unlocked for months and no one touched it. nothing happened but I did have some really good thoughts of waking up and having someone caught. ;)
    Hope you catch them.....

8. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

HAHAHA!!! thats a classic.. i love it. too bad you didn't get em:p

9. HockingEscape

With my luck, I'd forget the traps were there and catch myself.

10. Knew a guy who rigged his Alum boat with a welder. Ran copper B wire around the edge and hooked it to the negative cable of the welder. Ran same type of wire through the guides on a rod like fishingline and hooked Positive to it. Laid rod up against a seat in the middle of the boat (which was on the trailer in his drive) so that nothing conductive touched the boat. We were sitting inside playing cards when the lights dimmed real quick and we heard a yelp. Got to the door in time to see a neighborhood youngun running off crying. Problem solved!

Huntinbull

11. Huntinbull, thats hardcore but very imaginative!!! LOL

Jake

12. He got the idea from doing it to his trash cans when he had a varmint problem. 60 amps through a Lincoln buzzbox propels a raccoon over 15 ft. I bet Bill Nye doesn't know that one!

Huntinbull

13. HockingEscape

Update: The stolen police car was recored in Lorain,OH around E.37th st. So my poles and tackle are somewhere in Lorain I assume. Again, the custom pole is about 7 feet long, white, with orange and frown trim and a Diawa reel. It is a very unique looking pole.

14. I live in Avon and in the last week there have been sevaral cars broken into in my neighborhood as well as two cars were stolen and then recovered. After talking w/ the cops it seems that they are going through cars that are unlocked and left outside.