close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stolen Grill

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zfish, May 31, 2004.

1. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

We got home last night from Beckys parents and just did some house chours and such and went to bed. I got up this morning and we were talking about grilling out the last couple days on the new grill I bought for my bday. Well someone had the freakin nerve to seal my birthday present. It was very apparent that they had their eyes on it as my storage unit had forgotten to be locked. They could have taken over thousands of dollars in fishing gear and in tools and such but the only thing they touched was my grill. They were also stupid enough to drag it with the wheels so i could see the path it went. They must have got scared or something because it goes to this one appartment (at the end) and stops I know the police officer went to question them but it looked like he was there for maybe 1 min and then left.
    All in all the grill and everything was 280 bucks that was taken as well as a grill cover. Guess if I ever get a new one I'll have to chain it up.

2. I hope they choke on a hot dog. did the cop check inside?

3. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

That is terrible! The nerve people have to steal other people's stuff! Like they are too good to work for it; they have to get it for free. I hope they pay big time for it!

4. mike im grilling out come on over

5. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Mike

Did the cop see the tracks?

You city folks do things different. Someone woulda been wheeling my grill back to the storage unit at gunpoint if it happened to a redneck :D

You should least report the loss to the storage unit owner to see if it were insured.

6. Hey Zfish like they say what goes around comes a round.
    Im still waiting for the battery charger you owe me.

7. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Thank God life ain't fair !!
    If it was, I'd be in big trouble. Ever think about that(?), I don't know about you guys, but I've done aot of stuff over the years, especially when young. I've got alot of payback too. But I heard someone say that recently, that he's glad life ain't fair because his life is good today. :)
    I walk the straight and narrow these days. ;)

8. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Redear. I cant think of your name off hand but if you are looking for the vexilar charger I did find it. Please send me a pm with an address and I will be more than happy to ship it to you this week.

Katfish, Yes I pointed the tracks out to him and I still have a sneaky suspision it was a person but I cant say for sure. Cop didnt really seem to care though. Lord help the person if I ever catch them.

Big John. Thanks for the invite buddy its appriciated I just seen it however or I may have taken some food down with me. :) Lookin forward to some smoked chicken again soon :D

We went to Wally world and got the same exact grill this afternoon. THANKS CATFISHHUNTER for taking the grill over to my house for me AGAIN. I put it all togeather rather quickly since it is the 2nd one in a couple weeks. Cookin on it right now but this time I have 2 all weather chains hooked up with masterlocks around the fence post by the grill. Just hope I never catch the person. I am also puttin my initials in a couple spots on the grill this time.

9. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

That is a bummer Mike. Hey, I bet Maggie (dragonbelly) could'a sniffed it out. :) So the local law didn't help much eh? I bet if ya' ask around somebody saw or heard something. I say bait the perps and get even!
    As ol' Festus would say-"Lets string'em up Mathew, it'll teach'em a lesson"!
    Raider<><>

10. catfishhunter1

catfishhunter1 Doc's personal net boy

Hey man anytime i can help out im there. Im still feel bad that ur grill got stolen :mad: Id like to catch those people and take there hands and lay them on the ground then stomp on there fingers with my boots :eek: It just makes me mad that people have to be like that.

11. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Next time.....do this...(catfishunter1 reminds me of this :rolleyes: )
    How to catch a thief
    I hope you don't think I'm disrespecting (or making light of) your situation. I've been there too, had an apartment burglarized and also my home (1991-took a .357 mag & a .38 special 35mm Minolta, etc, amongst other stuff) I've had my windows broke out of my pickup once, numerous bicycles, mine & my childrens, one from out of out basement(exterior entrance). Off hand I'd say close to a dozen bikes over the years. Not to mention a tackle box & toolbox from my truck while fishing too.
    I feel your pain.

12. Nothing worse than a thief. And to take a man's grill? Them there's fightin' words! :mad: Hey Mike keep your eyes open, whoever stole it might be stupid enough to use it. How much fun would that be?

13. catfishhunter1

catfishhunter1 Doc's personal net boy

MFO good one :D im gonna have to save that.