Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone was bold enough to open my truck door and steal my fishing gear right in front of my house. 2 black Ugly sticks. One 7 ft with a closed face reel and one 6ft with an open face reel with Cajun line. Two catfish poles one black and yellow one one an floresent green tip. PM me if you see anyone in the Hamilton area with these

·
Registered
937 Posts
That's Terrible man I'm sorry to hear that. Make sure to file a police report. I was able to recover cash that had been stolen out of my car a few years ago because the little punk who did it got busted a week later in the next neighborhood over and the police were able to link it to my case. Also keep an eye out on craigslist. I have a friend who just recovered a stolen cell phone that way just a few weeks ago. Good luck. I hope they turn up.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's Terrible man I'm sorry to hear that. Make sure to file a police report. I was able to recover cash that had been stolen out of my car a few years ago because the little punk who did it got busted a week later in the next neighborhood over and the police were able to link it to my case. Also keep an eye out on craigslist. I have a friend who just recovered a stolen cell phone that way just a few weeks ago. Good luck. I hope they turn up.
I filed a police report, I hope it does some good but I won't hold my breath. I just can't believe someone did that in broad daylight while I was home

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wow that is ballsey in broad day light,just for some fishing gear. What are they made of gold . Jesus krist hard times i guess. That sucks got my gun stolen one time, horrible feeling hope you get the gear back.

·
She says I'm on one
908 Posts
I live in a pretty nice subdivision on the West side of Hamilton and 2 or 3 weeks ago some guy (crack head) walked up and down different streets busting out windows of cars and trucks, up in peoples driveways by their lit houses, just for spare change.. some people will take anything at any time.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I filed a police report, I hope it does some good but I won't hold my breath. I just can't believe someone did that in broad daylight while I was home
I had it happen to me before. Fishing Indian Creek game reserve. Only one other car in the parking lot. Id talked to the guys as I walked by. When I came back to my truck they opened the back and took my tackle box. But I just so happened to reconize the car from a few towns over. Called the sherrif and they recovered my box full of gear. Got luck I suppose.

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to me this spring but i think at night. Thieves need a solid punch to the face. Good old fashioned bloody nose with perhaps a broken bone. Or three.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I found some of my stuff at a flea market,I contacted the Law ,I only got the stuff I had my name on ,they had no way of proving the guy stole the stuff but was charged with receiving stolen property..He tried to give me everything back but ,the Law was going to use it as evidence or so they said,,

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
That’s rough; I had my gear stolen once, unfortunately there were other items stolen too. I didn’t even notice that my gear was missing until I wanted to go fishing. I had already filed an insurance claim, cashed the check and replaced my other stuff.
Good luck on getting it back.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

I wasn't home at the time but I had someone drive a van into my driveway one afternoon and walk into my backyard and take my aluminum canoe. The neighbor saw the whole thing happen but figured it had to be a friend of mine. I used to keep it chained to the fence but got lazy, but that wouldn't have mattered because when the police found my canoe about 1.5 miles down river from my house there were some bolt cutters in the canoe. I know the people who stole it didn't know me because if they did they would have opened up my garage and took the paddles too. There were 2 cheap plastic paddles found in the canoe as well. They must of just wanted to do a short joy ride but it probably sucked because of those little paddles. Never thought I would see that canoe again. Glad I opened up a police report.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts