close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stolen fishing gear?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by archman, Sep 7, 2004.

1. I just got done reading the post about the guy getting his car broken into. Have any of you ever had your fishing gear stolen from your car? The more I think about it, the more I think getting renters insurance would be a good idea.

2. At Dale Hollow several years back at Wolf River marina I parked my trailer in their "locked, secure" trailer lot. At end of week went to get trailer to put boat on, and trailer frame was laying on ground with no wheels or axle. My fault for putting it there, but you live and learn. Luckily another marina down there rented my make of boat as rentals and I bought one of their trailers!

3. Never had any fishing gear stolen - lucky I guess!

General advice on renter's insurance - GET IT ASAP! It is extremely cheap and may cover your butt for a lot more than stolen fishing gear. When I was still renting I saw a few occasions when renter's insurance would have saved friends of mine thousands $$$$$ :eek: . You can get like $10,000 worth for under $100/year.

4. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

I was on my way out of town and stoped to get a hair cut had all my poles and tackle in the boat....when i can out there was a guy mess around with my poles i walked up behind him and boasted "can i help you?"be took off in a dead sprint....he didnt get anything but 2-3 min. longer he would have cleaned me out

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

(Knock on wood) but I've personally never had any of my gear stolen...I guess I had enough car stereo equipment stolen from me in hs/college that I make sure that my stuff isn't visible whenever possible.

Chopiq had someone at alum take his tackle box right out of his boat, from the time he tied up to walk up the lot to get his truck. Hard to thwart something like that if you're solo.

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

A few years back at the Old State Park ramp at Portage Lakes I went up to the bathroom and came back to find my tacklebox missing from my boat. It was worth well over $500. My renters insurance covered it minus the deductible and I took a trip to Cinci to visit Bass Pro Shops with the check!!

7. 2 years ago I had my side window smashed out and my recurve stolen along with 2 pool sticks.....Different town from where I live now so there punks every where..............Rich

8. steelhead1

steelhead1 Pikie Bay

Years back I had my truck stolen with ALL my fishing gear in the back. 6 Rods, two batteries, trolling motor, two tackle boxes.

The police found the truck with the cap and all the gear gone. I would of rather had the gear:(

9. One of my EX girl friends stole my favorite Iggy Pop 8-track tape once.