Ohio Game Fishing banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Never walked the shoreline at night.i probly should see what i can see.fenders likes stocking the usual fish.unless its spring fed.this lake is the water table.they recomend no trout...on another note i did troll some yesterday and caught this yellow perch..had no idea how it got in here...im assuming theres more.unless i caught the only perch in the whole lake.lol.no walleye.bunch of bass caught too.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Perch might have been mixed in with your walleyes. My guess if your best shot at catching a walleye in that strip is going to be casting stickbaits and/or Rattle-Trap type lures at NIGHT, up on shallow flats, particularly ones onto which the wind is blowing.

Match the hatch....whatever size shad you are seeing will b what the walleyes are eating, and should be the size of crank you are throwing. Another good option is fluke-style or paddle tail swimbaits.

Once again...at night...walleyes are like vampires, they hate that sun man.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Vibe e what gravel put do you work at . No fishing or hunting allowd on the pits at the company I work for and yes it's full of giant bass. They hang out around our dredge. We feed them atat lun time lol

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Vibe e what gravel put do you work at . No fishing or hunting allowd on the pits at the company I work for and yes it's full of giant bass. They hang out around our dredge. We feed them atat lun time lol
Soehnlen bros sand and gravel...I haven't had time to fish it lately...usually try in the fall and spring...

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I knew them since I was 5 and fished there as a kid...so now I work there.and still fish.lol.not very often but I do fish there...american s and g.don't let u fish?
Your lucky they let you fish

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Hell no you even think about it the owners on your ass. It's in our paper work absolutely no hunting or fishing on any a s&g property. But of course he goose hunts it

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
But the walleye were put in at 8-10inches...that's all they know is this pit life.lol.....life will find a way....am I right?didn't u guys ever watch jurrassic park?lol..

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Those are some nice ones. About a month ago our lake put in 1200 walleye 5 to 7 inches then just this week we put in 1500 perch, 5 to7 inches and 1500 crappies at 4 to 6 inches plus 30 pounds of minnows. Were allowed 2 walleyes a day at 17 inches and 12 perch or crappie at 9 inches. Bass have a slot limit size. Mite sound like a lot but it figures out to 6 or 7 fiish per acre.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Been awhile since I posted on this thread.but I'm gonna see if I can jig up a few of those walleye tomarrow....4 yrs in they gotta be a good size...I also threw I think 4 sauger in the lake 2 yrs ago...they made the trip back from the Ohio river so I dropped them off in there...

61 - 80 of 109 Posts