Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
name of Alex
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'tis the season, the stink bugs are swarming on a nice warm breezy afternoon. The windows are open and I had about a dozen of those things crawling on the screen.

Until, a few blasts of Glade Clean Linen air freshener all over the screen. Now the room smells fresh, and the only stink bug left is the dead one in the old spider web.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Those things are all over the place. I smashed a dozen of them while I was working on my boat today.

·
Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)
5,882 Posts
as i cut my grass over the past few weeks, once in a while that rotten cucumber smell lets me know i ran over another one. them things reek. seem harmless though.

·
name of Alex
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That didn't last long.

This morning it was time to crack down. I didn't know how many on the window frame were alive, or smashed in place when the window closed. There were maybe 40 of them. I sprayed everything down with the keeps-on-killing bug spray we used on the flying ants earlier. Then I killed all the lights, popped the screen, and used a paint stirring stick to scrape and knock them all out, including the wall part of the window frame.

Then I sprayed every surface well, until the stuff was running down. Finally I cleaned the glass and latched the window shut. It'll probably stay that way, at least in warm sunny conditions like that. I put the screen out in the rain to rinse off.

I don't know why they're having such a huge population spike. A few years ago it was the yellow ladybugs doing exactly the same thing, seeking shelter at the end of the season. Now I almost never see any of those.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I found one of these in my kids room last night buzzing around the light on the ceiling. I thought it was a wasp at first, so I smashed it with one of the kids Wii game cases. Yup, not a wasp. ha ha

·
Registered
201 Posts
Oh manse have tons of these things in our house. When we first found them we killed 30 plus in our curtains. Then 10 minutes later they were back on the walls. Found 3 females and that seem to what attracts them. Well both female and makes let off a attractant for the others when they find a suitable space to winter in. Killed 10 last night then left for a hour came home killed 10 more!!! Looked it up to see what to do and Orlon said that once their in and release that attractant there no turning them away! My grandma and mom said seven dust on the window sills and other holes will keep them at bay but I haven't tried yet. So far we've fought fiddle spiders, tick, and now stink bugs here and only lived here 2 months lol. Last place was 2 different ants, flys, then maggots after they got into a wet peice of cardboard and hatched the very next day. Woke up to get a drink they were everywhere kitchen bathroom on the walls, it was like a horror movie. But good luck hope you win the fight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts