Stimulus Payment??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigDaddy300, May 12, 2008.

1. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

I never really read all the details about the payment when they started talking about it. We were under the impression that everyone who qualified got $600 and $300 for each child. She received her payment last week and only got $300 for herself plus $300 for each kid. Did anyone else get reduced like this? We have not checked the reasoning yet but was just wondering if it happened to anyone else.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

3. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

the paperwork along with it spelled out how your amount was calculated.

UFM82

4. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

a friend at work has 2 kids and he only got 900 instead of 1200 like he planned.

5. My wife rec'd $900 two weeks ago. I have yet to see anything. We file married, but split it, so I figure I should have another $900 coming (we have two kids).

We shall see.

6. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

Ya, I got the reduced amount. The IRS told me it was because I got back more money on my return that I paid in taxes. Something to do with your taxable income. Wife stays at home with 3 kids, so I get back more than I put in.

7. I am trying to picture how that could be. So you are saying you have a net income of higher than your gross income because your taxes net to a negative amount? I guess I have never heard of a situation where someone got paid more in income taxes than they paid in.:confused:

I figured my amount on the web site listed and it shows that we should get $2,100.(married with 3 kids) I will just have to wait and see though.

8. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

I claim 7 on my W-4, and with three small children a wife that does not work, plus the rite off for my mortage intrest and property taxes. This reduces my taxable income so I get more back than I put in. By doing all of this I'm able to reduce my taxable income by about 15-20K. I did not get the full $2100, it was cut by about $250, make sence?

9. Okay, now I am following you. I was thinking you were saying that you paid say $2,000 in via payroll and then received back more than $2,000 on your return. I was thinking that I need to get on that plan.:p

Actually your situation is similar to mine. I actually claim 8 on my W4 so that I can keep enough back in my pocket throughout the year. I ended up at about 90% paid in of my full tax burden. There is a penalty that can be charged if you are not paying at least 90% of your total tax throughout the year. I don't know how closely they regulate that. I am just a few dollars over it this year so I guess if they want to be sticklers they can do something about it. I plan to change my W4 to avoid it this year.

10. A lady that I work with is in that situation every year. Gets back more than she paid in (3 kids, husband does not work (injured, no disability).

11. I knew you could get back all that you paid in but I never figured you could get more than that.:eek:

12. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

It called Earned Income Credit.
    My wife's cousin pain in $1200 in taxes and got a $5300 refund.:confused: :confused:

13. Wow!!! I want on that plan.:eek:

14. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

I pay a couple grand every year and don't get squat back, make to much money and don't have kids. I'm getting ripped so hard every year it should be a stinkin crime. I dread this time of year...every year. I hate nothing more than paying more and more taxes. They take so much of my money and I never get anything back. I'm buying a boat with a bathroom and a bed next time so at least I can write that off. On top of it I have to pay taxes on money I win FISHING!!!!... BS:(

15. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

Ain't it funny how the little man gets the gold and the middle man gets the bone?:mad:

16. I claim Zero on my W-4 and I still had to pay the State of Ohio $45.00 this year. Figure that craziness out...

I hear ya' K-gone...my tourney fishing buds were laughing about that last weekend at the Joe...

"Dude..you gotta place like 8th or something, otherwise the Man is gonna get in your pocket!..."

I've been saying for a long time now...as soon as they figure out a way to tax the air we breathe...it'll be all over for everybody.

17. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Do any of you guys know the status of college aged people who are not claimed as dependants? I would have thought that I would qualify, but have not recieved anything yet. Yes, I made well over $3,000 in 2007.

18. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I'm in the same boat. I just keep waiting and checking and waiting

19. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Dang. Do you think you qualified? I honestly have no idea, might call our tax guy though.

20. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

did you check the schedule online to see when you are supposed to receive it?

I'm 'college aged', in school, and I received mine already. I worked full time for most of 2007 though.