close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stillwater

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fshnteachr, Jul 23, 2007.

1. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I am going to hit the Stillwater this afternoon. I know conditions aren't the greatest, too much sunshine, but we'll see what happens. Maybe I'll catch some clouds and get a few smallies.

2. A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day of.. Well, almost anything. lol

3. fshnteachr

Not too bad....nothing big, my buddy and I caught 11 combined in a couple hours of floating.

4. Has enyone fished by the West Milton park. That is another place I have wanted to try but have not.

5. fshnteachr

I fish there a lot. I love it up there. Great place to put in a kayak or small boat and not have to worry about having a car down river. You can easily paddle up and down stream finishing where you started. I am always happy with the fish I catch when going up there: Bass and Catfish mostly. Go up stream about a mile, there is a dam, great fishing.

One last thing, as low as water levels have been around the area, there were some great holes yesterday while floating the Stillwater, only had to get out and walk the canoe twice, that was surprising.