close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stillwater

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fshnteachr, Jun 15, 2007.

1. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I am a new user, just found this webpage, lots of fun!

Anyone fish the Stillwater? Great story....I caught the same fish TWICE yesterday. I land something big, its pulling me in my kayak, I get my hook above water and no fish, just more line. I had caught a fish on someone else's broken line!! He got away with no visual confirmation made by me. Anyhow, an hour later, further downstream, I got caught in his tangled line again!! This time I saw him! A 24 inch carp, big ole' fish! I managed to free him and let him go. Man, it was fun fighting him though!

2. Great story and welcome to the site!! It's addictive for sure! Can't help you with Stillwater but I have a good story like that. We were fishing a private pond and I was dragging a crawler harness and not holding the rod and it gets a hit and my new rod goes over the side. The next day I caught the fish and it still had the harness hooked to him and my rod was still attached!! It was a little waterlogged but after a good cleaning was almost as good as new!

3. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

Webman....that is crazy! At least you got your rod back!