close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stillwater Saugeyes 11-02

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tcba1987, Nov 2, 2004.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

fished the stillwater this morning from 6:30 am to 8 am. the leaves in the creek are TERRIBLE!!! cant hardly fish even a single hook grub and jighead, sure heck couldnt throw any rapala floaters or anything. there seems to be alot of water flowing too, dont know if they are drawing the lakes down yet?? does anyone know?? did manage one 16 inch sugeye , would have made a tasty sandwich, but im strictly catch and release so shes still swimming. MORE people need to try releasing the saugeyes once in awhile!! you wouldnt believe how many 12-14 inch fish i see getting takin out of there for eating, IT MAKES ME SICK!! GUYS IF YOU RELEASE THEM THEY WILL BE BIGGER NEXT TIME !!! oh well thats your choice, i aint no peta freak !! just think before you filet !! oh yeah caught my saugeye on a chatruese grub with orange tail on a 1/8 ounce head. i think if more people would release a few too grow up there might be some big fish caught out of the stillwater instead of all of these 12-15 inch fish. :eek:

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I too have noticed that a lot of small saugeye are being kept, but that happens when there is no limit. Same with all the other fish. Cats and bluegill especially. I see a couple at Clendening each year that keep bluegill maybe 3 inches long or so. For bait sure, but they fill a basket with these thing and keep em. We need more limits and restrictions on our fish. That is a whole other arguement though! I know I have talked about this before!

Brian I emailed you about my stop at the creek this morning. I may still go tonight. Will be chillier tonight than it was this morn with the rain and the cooler temps. might be worth it though! I figure this rain is either turning them on or giving them lockjaw

They must have gotten a good bit of rain out Clendening way because the creek and the lake was up. the lake looked about like choc milk along 799, but the spillway is pretty clear.....It did not stink too bad either.

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hey Brian, I got the email I sent you back saying it could not be delivered.?? oh well I got your email though.

4. Hey rockbass,
    Whats the scoop on saugeyes at Clendening and Piedmont. Any good spots to bank it for them? I am getting a new reel by the way. A trigger cast spinning reel. a Quantum. Reels REAL REAL NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, I just wear gloves for catfish. I plan on fishing till there is ice on the water. I may just have to get with ya sometime, and fish the Stillwater Creek. I have some monsters here that I have been catching in the creek by my place. Will send pics of them to ya.

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

don't ask me about clendening, ask the guys on here, I have had my daughter this weekend, so I have not been out.....

what???? you don't where the gloves except for catfish??? Must have come a long way since not wanting to touch the minnies in the spring for crappies. But why would you want them for cats??? if you lip a cat, the plastic gloves would prob tear. I use some of the thin/cheap jersey gloves if I am going to be lipping a cat for very long. Like if I have to carry it a little ways or something! They work great! Please don't say you are wearing them because of the slime??? poor kid, there goes part of your manhood! :p