close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stillwater Creek 2-25

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tcba1987, Feb 26, 2009.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

decided to try the stillwater for some pike. fished for about 1 1/2 hours without a hit !!! the water was clear and pretty low, looked good but the fish just werent cooperating !! I did talk to one guy who said that he caught 2 eater sized saugeye on monday, by what he showed me they were about 12 inchers (i cant believe some guys eat EYES that small). I did manage to snag up and lose a brand new Mepps Cyclops spoon on someones tangled up mess of what looked like 100 lb test braided line that they threw in the water !!! of course it was just far enough from the bank that i couldnt reach it !!! Oh well it was nice to get out and wet a line !!!!

2. Bummer dude. I went out today and fished Stillwater near the Clendening spillway. I can't believe how low the water is. I tried everything and not a bite. I could swear I saw a saugeye follow a 3" white twister tail with a pink jig head, but I wanted a fish so badly that my eyes were probably playing tricks on me.

3. Hey brian,have a great 2009 season fishing and keep postin!!! Husk