close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stillwater Creek 2-20-05

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tcba1987, Feb 21, 2005.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

;) fished the point at twin city hospital today for a hour and a half. there is tons of shad running the creek, all of them are 2-3 inches long. i tried 5-6 different colors of grubs, i dont tip my jigs, had one hit on a chartruese 3 inch grub. caught it !!! a 17 inch white sucker, yes he had the jig in his mouth !!! was wondering are suckers any good to eat ??? the saugeye and pike HAVE TO BE THERE with all of those shad, think i'll try again monday !!! ;)

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I'd like to give that a try, I need some Shad & Suckers. I know where the Stillwater is in the Dayton area, bu no where else.

3. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

this stillwater is a tributary of the tuscarawas river in uhrichsville ohio

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Brian,

We will have to hook up sometime to fish the creek or river

5. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

rock bass sounds like a good idea to me. i might get out some this week, as long as the temp is above 32 degrees, i fish. i cant stand when my eyes on the pole freeze over. LOL :eek:

6. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

where is the point by the hospital? what street is it off? would like to try and fish that area.

7. rockbass

rockbass Banned

The easiest way I can tell ya sauguy is to get on the Dennison exit off 36 head toward town. take the first right, go to the stop sign, turn right to stop sign, take a left over the hill to stop sign at bottom of hill. go straight on that road and fish under 36. you will see where you can pull off......the Little Stillwater comes into the Big Stillwater there. Someone else can give you streets if you want, that is just the easiest way I know without really knowing the street names to tell ya! :eek:

8. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

thanks rockbass, i will check it out.