Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jiggin Freak
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ended up with a couple hours of unexpected free time today and took a drive. First stop... city must have given up on filling the reservoir during summer months. Water was 6' down in an already shallow res and the weeds were thick a couple feet down. Hopefully they fill it before winter.... It can be an awesome ice fishing res, if there is water. Only fished briefly and moved on to the next available reservoir, same city. This one was 8'+ low, but it is much deeper over all. Caught fish (and missed a lot) at one of the small spots with giant rip-rap among the lengthy stretches of smaller rip-rap. Jig and waxworms pegged 6' or so under a float. Found smallies, crappie and blue gill willing to bite. Brought home 10 gills.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Did some fishing in kayak this morning and crappies were feeding. Same thing week or so back at a local res. Definitely turning on for fall crappie bite. I also noticed the res where crappies are hitting the water level is WAY down and ramp getting steep! Minnow on crappie/perch rig orange blade did better than float and it was a very light bite today. Kept 14 crappie and 2 gills. Threw bunch more back had great time! Caught one of the orangest bullheads I’ve ever caught too. Get out, there biting.

·
Jiggin Freak
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Attica I see your stepping into the wild side with that can of FBC! Way to go!
I found the beer at a gas station in Tiffin. The Findlay Brew was really good! But... it was an American IPA and the color of an amber lager??? Either way, it was good stuff.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I’ll eat younger cats from reservoirs. That’s about extent of my catfish keeping. I mean look at him. He looks like he’s been swimming in tang and got a case of herpes mouth haha. Crappie and bluegill fillets taste way better anyways.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
I’ll eat younger cats from reservoirs. That’s about extent of my catfish keeping. I mean look at him. He looks like he’s been swimming in tang and got a case of herpes mouth haha. Crappie and bluegill fillets taste way better anyways. View attachment 457281
You have no idea what yer missing... bullhead are delicious

1 - 8 of 8 Posts