close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Still no relief in back pain

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CPTN.CROWN, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Well guys as I expected to be feeling better by now it aint happening. Seen the surgeon last week and she says, " Well it's still to early to call surgery a failure :( ". Needless to say not what i was expecting to hear. If this gives you any idea on how much pain im in, im taking 80mg of oxycontin 3 times day, 2 10mg percoset 3 times a day, and 900mg of neurontin 3 times day. Its been 3 months and by now It should have given in somewhat rright?????? They now are blaming it on smoking. She said that is why im not feeling better by now. I think its an easy way for her to say that basically ill be in severe pain for the rest of my life, wich she told me was a chance prior to surgery.

Any of you guys that have had back surgery smoke???? Did it impact the amount of time it took to heal? If you dont recall ive had 2 dics's removed, and bone fused between, then 2 titanium rods for extra support. I kind of getting discouraged as it's been 3 months since surgery and I still cant drive, take care of the duty on a normal basis. It just sucks. But looking for some feedback!!

Thanks

Jason

2. 3 80 m.g. oxy's a day. Man, hope you don't end up addicted to them. I have buddies
    who ended up pretty screwed up on them. Good luck with your back.

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

dood.. if it was some minor surgery i would say something is wrong.. but yours was a pretty major one(at least to me).. do any therapy lately?? maybe walkin the dog would be a good start.. :D
    hell..maybe i can pick u up and we'll go walking/fishing around antrim.. that'll make you forget about your pain.. :D

4. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

capt, i think i told you when you 1st said you were going to have surgery not to get your hopes up, but i won,t say i told you so.......lol..........yes i also have had 2 back surgeries and i have 2 disc,s gone and 2 more with like 5 bulges between the two of them........i also smoke and all i can say is that when i went to see the surgen for that leg surgery i was telling you about the 1st thing he said to me when he saw the outline of a cig. pack in my shirt pocket was that he would not even do the surgery if i didn,t quit smoking......he said as a smoker that when he broke the bone in my leg there was a chance it would not heal because of smoking? now i saw 3 doc,s over this leg issue and he was the only one to say that............i was told after my 2nd back surgery that i needed to srart thinking about fusion because my back is trashed.........i know the pain your in beleive me i have been living with it since february 23rd 1991.........with some temporary releif in between...after the 1st one i had 4 months or so of mild to moderate pain and after the 2nd one less than a month with mild pain but since than not a day goes by that i don,t have at least a 8 to 10 on a pain scale........i hate to say this but there is a good chance you will never be pain free and your life will never be the same........for me i,m still learning how to adjust to it cause i can,t do the simpleist of things, heck just sneezing will put me flat on my back for several days at a time.........bottom line is i know what your going thur and i do feel your pain.......whenever your down and you just want to talk about it send me a PM or better yet i think i gave you my home # so just give me a call and we,ll talk about it......good luck.

5. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

I'm really sorry to hear you are still in pain. Man, thats alot of pain killers, I can feel for ya. Hope you get back to normal soon. Living with back pain can be real tough. No one knows what you are going through unless they have been there. Good luck

6. It took me over 2 years before I felt some what better... My Surgeon told me it would take at least a year... You went through MAJOR surgery do not think you will heal from that very fast... Hang in there and wait and see liek the surgeon said...

7. basstrackerman

basstrackerman marshall

im getting ready for back surgery,a small one.outpatient for a herniated disc.hope it goes well.i wish you the best on your back,i cant even imagine the pain your in.

8. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

seriously.. i talk to jason since he was still in the hospital up until now.. i have never seen a guy in that much pain before. i'm sure he'll appreciate shadowman's offer..

9. catking

catking Banned

I feel it is WAY to early to not feel alot of pain. Heck, I had reconstructive hip surgery as a young lad, and it hurt like hell for a year . Lots of hacking on nerves and bone . With just 3 months passing since your back surgery, in my opinion, it is still VERY EARLY ;) Keep the faith buddy ........CATKING :)

10. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

OMG. 3 80 mg OCs a day. Too many. You will be addicted to them for sure. Not to sound too harsh, but it only takes 7 days of taking them to be addicted. I also have friends that got whacked out on them. I sure hope they can fix your problem and get you off those evil things.

Ask them about Duragesic patches. They are less addictive and easier to get off of. They have fentanyl in them which is morphine based. I sure hope you find peace and painlessness. :)

11. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Jason, I'm sorry that you are feeling so badly still. I know it's easy for me to say because I'm not in agony, but try to stay positive about it. You only live once, so make the most of it. If you ever need a favor you have my cell number.

Mike

12. I will keep you in my prayers. Wish I could give you a miracle but that is not up to me.

13. I had the option of liquid morphine, or oxy and chose the oxy. There have been days 2 that i didnt have to take it, and dont get all weird, or shakey like most people say you will. I think most of the addiction is in your head. Just a personal opinion.

Shadowman I lost your number when my pc crashed so pm it to me and we will talk. I just hope this decision wasnt the worst one I made!!!

Jason

14. Hang in there Jason. Nobody knows what you are going thru, unless they have been there.

15. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

I had back surgery 15 months ago and it didn't help much. I was able to go back to my part-time job and I can do about as much as an average 70 year old but I'm only 58 and I have constant pain and take two kinds of prescription pain meds daily. I'm scheduled to see a neurosurgeon in three weeks to get a second opinion. I can still fish and do yard work as long as I don't over do it. I've spent a lot of time laying on the floor in the last couple of years.

16. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Crown, you may be right. Addictions may partially be in the head. I have never taken them, but I have seen the results of people who got stupid with them. Man, I hope you pull through this one. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be in constant, excruciating pain. There is not much I can think of that would be worse than that. You have my sympathy and well wishes. Keep positive. There is a lot of power in that I have heard.

17. From what the doc says about the craze of oxycontin is people chewing, crushing, or breaking them up. They are time released. So it only gives you a little at a time. All the hype in the news was becuase people were doing the above. Plus it depends on your tollerance to pain medicine, and pain!!!

18. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

even when taken proper that is very potent pain medicine and you will become addicted to it and thats a fact..........thats not a bad thing it happens to a lot of people......but when your doctor thinks the time is ready for you to come off of them she will not just quit giving them to you she will whyen you off of them over a peroid of several months........taking 3 80mg oxicontin a day and perocet in between you WILL NOT just stop like that or YOU WILL end up in the hospital........but for now you need the meds and there is nothing wrong with that like i said.........if you ask your doc. she will tell you that you can not just stop taking them cause it is a several month process to get off them..........and yes your right about people who want them to snort or shoot up or chew......when you do that they are much much harder to get away from than heroine..........the 3 day patch they have out also works on the pain and you only have to change it every 3 to 4 days but the patch is fentenal which is synthec heroine and again it does what it is meant to do when taken proper........even the patch isn,t fool proof cause the drug addicts cut the patch open and suck the little glob of goodies out of it and get their 3 day dose all at once.....what fools they are, most of all you not advertise that you have 80 mg oxy at your house or on your person cause there is big money in selling them and the wrong person wouldn,t hesitate to do you harm to get those pills from you, capt, i sent you another PM with my #,s so you could call me did you get them? good luck bud and take it one day at a time.