Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having problems with it. It looses power on acceleration & runs erratically . Had it tuned up in the shop last year. Pulled the muffler to check the spark arrester & there's none in there. I have good gas & really don't use it very much. Any ideas??? I bought it years ago from a member on here.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remove spark plug, dump sea foam in, replace plug,, put fresh fuel and sea foam in, run it wide open for 30 min or so........
T
Thanks for the replies. I put seafoam in everything, esp
Remove spark plug, dump sea foam in, replace plug,, put fresh fuel and sea foam in, run it wide open for 30 min or so........
Thanks for the replies. I put seafoam in everything, especially over winter. Can I just try spraying a carb cleaner in while running instead of taking the carb apart? Someone else told me to turn the low adjustment screw up & it could be to lean. I don't have that sprocket tool though.

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
I have an echo weed eater and blower. They were doing the same thing. I did the above and now they run great. Its worth a shot. Take the plug out and put seafoam directly in and put more than usual in with the fresh gas. It will clean everything. You may have some blue smoke initially but it will go away. Just hold the throttle wide open for 15-20 minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts