close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stick Marsh and Farm 13 Catching Report

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by HCrumpler3, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Thanks for the positive remarks on my last post. Fishing got instantly tuffer. And we went to the easy way to reach an advantage- Wild Shiners. Enjoy the report and photos.

God Bless You,
    Hugh Crumpler III

Wednesday morning I arrived at the ramp to find several boats already gone out bass catching. Scott Welcome was at the ramp waiting for his clients to load up. Scott and I talked for a minute. Scott informed that on Monday they had closed the Spillway. All of a sudden a hundred bass a day turns into a little tuffer fishing. My clients arrived and I HIGHLY suggested the use of wild shiners.

One of the two present agreed. Arnold went to Middleton's in Fellsmere and purchased three dozen wild shiners for our half day trip. In the meantime the third member of the party showed up. Our trip was to be from 8:00 AM until 12:00 Noon. We departed the boat ramp on time.

We arrived at the Spillway to find two boats in pretty good spots. We moved around them and took a position closer to the Spillway. We had one bite on the wild shiners and none of artificials. Howard elected to use artificials only.

We moved right into the middle of the Spillway. I thought we had something good going when Howard produced two in a row. Later Howard produced a third. But, that was it.

We moved to the pipes. BINGO!!! There was some water moving through one of the pipes. It took us a bit but we found the bass. Our half day trip produced 29 bass. Some on artificials (tubes) and most on wild shiners. Howard caught one bass on his last cast on a jointed Rapala. His only bass. He stuck to the artificials while Arnold and Howard stuck to catching.

Photos of the three are attached. If the photos do not appear they are available at www.HughCrumpler.Com by clicking on "live updates". There are also photos of over 150 bass over ten pounds caught by Hugh Crumpler's Clients under "Client Photos".

Hugh Crumpler takes his clients out catching Monster Bass at Stick Marsh and Farm 13. Hugh's e-mail is bsncoach@gate.net and his land line is 321-722-3134. Book with Hugh and YOU could be next!!