Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
river rat
2,268 Posts
I just recieved this email fro the Ohio Wtercraft: Horsepower Limits to be Removed on Cowan Lake in Clinton County and Acton Lake Located in Preble and Butler Counties

After considering public input gathered over the past year through public forums, e-mails, and other methods, the Ohio Department of Natural Resources plans to adopt the a new lake management strategy that will allow watercraft powered by more than ten horsepower to access and utilize two lakes managed by the Division of Parks and Recreation, provided that they only operate at idle speed. These lakes include, Cowan lake in Clinton County and Acton lake located in Preble and Butler Counties. This new strategy will be implemented as a pilot program to be tested and evaluated for a two year-period beginning with the 2014 boating season. Before the change is adopted, there will be a formal public hearing and comment period. In addition, the proposal will be considered by the Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review (JCARR) which oversees the administrative rule process for state agency regulations.

Edited for brevity.
Kagee

For additional information contact Ohio State Parks at [email protected] or by phone at (614) 265-6510.

·
HouseTackle
2,054 Posts
Thank you!!! awesome news, I kept hearing DNR was gonna back it but hadn't heard anything formal...

House

·
Pushin' Tin
4,518 Posts
This is awesome!!! I hope southeast Ohio is next...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.