Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pushin' Tin
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let everyone know, there will be an open tournament on the Ohio river out of steubenville this Sunday July 28 to benefit the family of Charlie Vantilburg, who passed away earlier this month. Charlie was a regular at the Thursday night tournaments and most opens on the river. Entry is $60 and $5 for big bass with an 80% payback. (100% on big bass). 6:30-2:30. Hope to see everyone there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Pushin' Tin
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe D.W. Dickey and sons shows up on the gps. That's the concrete plant at the entrance.

·
Registered
530 Posts
22 boats with 19 or 20 limits. First was 11.01 second place 11.00 third place 10.?? And third place also had big bass at 3.65. There was three fish over 3lbs weighted in. The average bag was 7 to 9 lbs. very nice event all together. I'll admitt I was just as surprised as everyone else that they blasted off instead of a number release.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Pushin' Tin
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
22 boats with 19 or 20 limits. First was 11.01 second place 11.00 third place 10.?? And third place also had big bass at 3.65. There was three fish over 3lbs weighted in. The average bag was 7 to 9 lbs. very nice event all together. I'll admitt I was just as surprised as everyone else that they blasted off instead of a number release.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Your not going to tell us who won? ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I 'm going to go ahead and say that it sucked getting beat by .01 but we had a great time and it was for a great cause. Could this be an annual event? The guy that fished with me said it was the best day he had ever had on the river.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts