close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steroid Use

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sheephead Master, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  3. Unsure

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. None of your business

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. With steroid/performance enhancement drug use being a big issue in many sports, mainly baseball with Barry Bonds and Jason Giambi in the Balco Scandal and the latest Jose Canseco allegations that he taught Mark McGwire, Juan Gonzales, Ivan Rodriques, and Rafael Palmeiro to take steriods I ask you all this question:

If steroids were legalized and they could help you be a better angler/hunter/outdoorsman, would you take steroids?

A) Yes
    b) No
    c) Unsure
    d) None of you business

2. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

I only marked unsure for this reason. About 10 years ago I got poison ivy so bad that the Doc gave me an Anti inflamitory steriod injection. So I have actually used steriods to help me with an out door problem. :eek:

Maybe if I did take them I could cast all of the way across the lake when I am fishing! :D

3. Can't see how they would help me other than pulling a deer and I use my ATV for that. :)

4. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Well...ummm...er...no! I'm not sure of the applicability of steriods as it would apply to any of the above. I suppose one would be able to shoulder a 900 Lb. downed elk out from the back country with very liitle assistance. Or, one could possibly run down wild boars and rassel it into submission. Better yet if one could find a way to inject his prey he'd be reknowned for his ability to consistently bag the trophies. :D
    On the serious tip, no way, to many risk involved. Besides I'm already 6'4" and 235lbs. and cut like the Rock. :rolleyes:

5. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I already use too many drugs to become a "better" outdoorsman. They don't actually make me better, they just make me not care when I suck at it.

6. Nope. Especially if there's any truth to the old wives tale that some things get bigger and some things get smaller with 'roid use. I hate to have to go out and buy one of Shortdifts "special measuring devices" :D

7. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I agree with Row V. Wade. I would hate for that to happen. he-he.

Besides, I'm already ripped enough. Ha!

8. Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk Row! :D Good one, that Shortdrift and his "special measuring devices" kinda scares me too but you live a lot closer to him than I do. :eek:

Back to the roid usage, I personally haven't voted in the poll yet but since everyone seems to be strongly leaning toward NO...yeah, OKAY.....think about dragging a buck back to the truck a 1/4 mile up hill where your ATV can't go, think of pulling out 60 pound shovel heads out of the Ohio River like the Catking does, think of pulling 12lb saugeyes out of Hoover on 6lb test and a med-lite action rod like the Misfit on one of his misadventures, any noodlers out there, etc.?

Is dramamine considered a performance enhancer? :confused: My stomach seems to perform better when I take it prior to experiencing the 5-7' chop at Alum.

9. catking

catking Banned

Hell YES !!! I need all the freakin strength I can get, as Sheephead Master pointed out. You all try haulin 60-70 pound cats out of a river every day or so ;) after workin construction for at least 10 hours a day. That crap is what superman is made of :cool: , or if I was at least built like Hook N Book :rolleyes: I need the little pill........... :rolleyes: DA KING !!!

10. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

Im all natual :cool: ...if Pizza hut and Bud Light cant give it to me I dont want it :D

11. i already have the body of a god--------buda

12. Yeah...yeah, I know all of us are already "ripped" but I look at the main benefit of the steroids being the "Roid Rage" that comes along with it. You know, like when someone practically drops their anchor in your boat when you're slaying the fish, say when you get up at 5Am, walk 1/2 mile in the dark to your tree stand and find some son-of-a-batch roosted in your stand on one of the few days you can hunt, or when your boss mouths off to you at work, etcetera. I just think if people knew you were on steriods they wouldn't mess with you because in the back of their minds, they know you could flip at any time. And for the people who didn't know you were roiding, oh yeah, give 'em the business.

13. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Wouldn't being employed with the postal service accomplish the same thing??? :D