close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steelheading and breakfast at the Rock

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by saintmathew, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Does anyone care to meet up at the Rock tommorow morning or this evening? We can meet at the Marina. I know this is last minute, but I am going to be there most of the fishing different spots, but starting at the Rock. I will be wearing Red Ball neoprenes and Olive green Orvis wading boots. I will have on a blue Stren cap and lugging a 10 foot noodle. I will be float fishing with jig and maggot and casting spoons later. I will move upstream later fly-fishing. It all depends on the action. The conditions look good. Let me know.

Mat

2. went last night. and saw a few fish rolling...water is very low and clear...lost all my hardware in about 45 minutes :( It gets pretty frustrating this time of year with people yelling up and downstream, throwing rocks etc.) but the fish are starting to move in, and this cooler weather should bring a nice run, a little rain tonight should make for some great fishing next week, but tomorrow might be too high. good luck. I'll be hitting the piers this evening if the wind doesn't mess things up. should be hot fishing.

3. Yeah, I hear you on the hardware thing. But they are in there, only in certain places. I fish my usual pools and have been pulling bucks here and there since the hurricane flood. They are there, but not hitting hard. Certain fords are pulling some nice fish. Pretty slow, but they are headed up. I don't know too much about what's going up towards the marina. I try to stay away from there due to those people you mentioned and all the crowds. I have seen some guys trying to catch Chromers by the most ridiculous methods. The next time I see a snagger I am knocking his arse in! So, if that's you, watch it. I hate that crap. That's not fishing!

I was going to try up by the marina with my noodle casting spoons and spinner, and maybe lay a jig and maggot rig, but I don't know. It may be wise to wait for the rain to heat things up. Otherwise, I will be around fly-fishing (my preferred method), casting different patterns, whatever does it. I'll be at the marina early, possibly around 6am if anyone wants to meet. Let me know and maybe I can change times. If the rain is real bad, I'll be sleeping and coming back down in a few weekends. I am limited this weekend due to my wife being sick with some bug. Gotta watch out for the girl. Otherwise I would be down at the wall and piers hitting them.

Here is the product of an upstream ford:
    [​IMG]