Steelheading 11-11-07

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Big_Boy, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Me and my Buddy went Steelheading today on the Grand. We went 1-2 on the Steelhead. The First one was caught on a medium Rapala Clown Husky Jerk. It was a small 19". the Second one was a 20"+ but, the line got caught on the back of the boat and the line was cut.

Thanks for all of the Advice,

Big BOY

[​IMG]

2. Hey B-B, where do you guys live? It's been dark, cloudy and/or raining with 40 mph cold winds all day down my way! Looks like Fla. in that pic!

3. THE CASTING KID

THE CASTING KID "KATIE" (JUNIOR MEMBER)

My family and I went stealhead fishing today up on Lake Erie at Conniaut. It was really cold and windy. But that didn't stop me. I just put on half my closet full of clothes and went fishing anyway. I was the only one who caught anything. It was a tough day of fishing. We weren't even seeing other people catch anything. But I managed to catch MOBY- DICK anyway. IT WAS AWSOME!!!!!! She wouldn't quit fighting. Every time she'd get even near the boat, you would hear my drag scream buuuuuuuuuuuzzzzz! This went on for about 12-15 minutes. Man can they strip the old line quick. By the time I got her in the boat even I was worn out. She was HUGE! She was around 6lbs and 26in. Even though this fish was not my personal best it was a blast to catch and it was a beast. Two weeks ago at Conniaut I caught one 2lbs bigger. This fish had beautiful rainbow color and went around 29in. It weighed in on the scales at around 8lbs. Does anyone know how big a stealhead will grow in Ohio? How big do you have to have for a fish of Ohio? Still looking for a 30 inchers.

4. first of all great job on the steel everyone!!!

CastingKid fish ohios are 28 inchs..and the record steelie is 36 1/2 accordin to the ODNR..and your right they are one strong fish!! thanks for the report BB and the pic!!!