Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the rivers around cleveland and where can i take my grandson to possibly get into some steelhead or trout in general?

·
Johnny tsunami
2,969 Posts
Try the mouths of one of them ive been hearing a few caught. Guy i work with hits Euclid creek and gets some to. park at the launch and mill around there as well

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you can go during the week, the Rocky's generally not too crowded. I would suggest all of the popular fords and holes but, this late in the year, the beginning of the East Fork (just south of Cedar Point Rd.) just seems to get overlooked. I can't begin to tell you how many people I've gotten into their first steelie in that area, and always with plenty of elbow room.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you can go during the week, the Rocky's generally not too crowded. I would suggest all of the popular fords and holes but, this late in the year, the beginning of the East Fork (just south of Cedar Point Rd.) just seems to get overlooked. I can't begin to tell you how many people I've gotten into their first steelie in that area, and always with plenty of elbow room.
interesting to hear. How far south have you been successful? Ever try the east branch of RR near strongsville ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’ve never gone that far south, but I’ve always wondered how for inland they can get. I think the farthest I’ve gone is Spafford (?) Rd. I think that’s the name of the road :unsure:

·
Registered
977 Posts
This question gets asked quite a bit. Steelhead will go as far as they can as long as no physical barriers stop them. They've been known to show up in ditches and drainage waterways. The west branch of the river has the least path of resistance when it comes to the Rocky. I have personally seen a few as far as Medina and can say I've successfully landed SOME in Medina county but the numbers aren't very large.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts