Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was a great day steelhead fishing sunday. We had a 3 man limit, only took 12 home. Rough but well worth the ride. 42n 00 w.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Jeff can you share a bit more on location? GPS was not conclusive. FOW and departing port would help.... looking to head out for some bullets in the next few days...Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GPS numbers were in my post 42 north 00 west, trolled south west from there. Program was (early) 3 setting 100 back, 1.5 setting 80 back, and riggers 40 down sliders took fish too. Later in the afternoon deeper. 3 setting 150 to 170 and 1.5 setting 120, riggers were 50 to 55 down slider did not get touched.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks.... I was playing with a new web GPS map feature and it's not working correctly. Thanks for the program details too.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All spoons blue and chrome seem to be the best for me. Speed was 2.2 to 2.5 mph. Might head back out sunday for catch and release for me. Need to go back to walleye soon.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey does anyone ever use flasher/ dodgers with squid skirt harnesses following? Seems like that's all they use on lake Michigan for salmon and steelhead. Was wondering if they worked on Erie. Went on Michigan last night and had a good rip and lost it. First time using that program too. Also, any opinions on snubbers? Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey does anyone ever use flasher/ dodgers with squid skirt harnesses following? Seems like that's all they use on lake Michigan for salmon and steelhead. Was wondering if they worked on Erie. Went on Michigan last night and had a good rip and lost it. First time using that program too. Also, any opinions on snubbers? Thanks

I've run flasher/dodgers and flies for years and had some good results and some not so good (actually caught walleye and white bass on them too). I can't say it's a secret weapon but kinda nice to run something different.......they will produce on Erie

·
Registered
5,327 Posts

I've been on Lake Michigan and that was the setup to. I tried them down here years ago and it didn't seem to produce any better than the little Cleo's and KO Wobblers for me. I mostly walleye and perch fish and only target steelhead but once or twice a year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 14 of 14 Posts