close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steelhead

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by weaz43, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Is anybody still trying for steelhead in the rivers? I was thinking that they had left because the water might be too warm for them.

2. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

There are still some fish in the rivers. It's getting tougher but you can still catch them.

3. Fished the Vermilion today. I went one for eleven and my partner Steve went two for eleven. Fish are on the gravel, spawning and also holding in the deep runs. Quite a few of the fish were fresh run. All but two of the ones I hooked were very large fish and I was unable to hold them on 10# tippet due to the fast water. Switched to 12# and finally landed the 26" male in the picture. Steve nailed a nice 28 3/4" female. We caught fish into May of last year. :)

Attached Files:

4. Nice fresh female.

Attached Files:

5. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

Congrats on a good day! I talked to Steve last night and he said you fellas had a really good day! I only got one avg hen in the Chagrin and nothing at Helen Hazen Wyman. We probably should have headed out to Ashtabula.