Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Me and Grandson Juan going to try off Avon in the morning.Will give report good or bad.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
I'll be looking forward to your report good or bad as it will decide where I'll be fishing over the weekend.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
marc......what a great opportunity.....fishing with grandson.

enjoy........hope your day is filled with hits.

Good luck.

·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Fished the 37 -38 82-01 line.0-0 no hits on Steelhead.Marked a lot of bait and great looking hooks.Caught 6 Walleyes around 3# each and could have Limited on them easily if I would have went back over my line.Walleyes were caught on #1 dipsys on 3 95 back on Watermelon Copper Stinger.

·
Premium Member
10,881 Posts
Thanks for putting in the effort looking for them Marc.

Where are those guys, they sure aren't where they were last year at this time.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
I'm going to try it anyway on Saturday morning to see if I can find some fish in that area. Good or bad I'm trying and if I can find them, I'll forward the info to someone. ;)
Anyone else interested in trying to track them...??? Lundy, Marc...anyone...???

·
Registered
371 Posts
you are 2 to 3 weeks ahead of the game out there. numbers are starting to pick up off lorain. my brother was mating on the charter today (works almost every day) and they boxed 2 chromers on the 29 line fishing for eyes. a couple other charters had 1 and 2 as well. i would say if you kicked it out to the 31 to 33 lines they will be there waiting with open mouths.

·
333 Posts
Marc, Thanks for the update. I love to chase steelhead.

Thanks for the info Chris.

I may try that area Sunday.

All depends on how much of a hangover I have. We are having a graduation party for my youngest. A bunch of out of town family that I have not seen in a while. Lots of catching up to do. And since I am not driving anywhere, well you get the picture:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
mark , i was just north of the lorain dumping ground..heard some talk of steelies and moved into the 30/13. I didnt get any but boat next to me went 2 for 3.
hope this helps.
mike

·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,
Thanks if we can keep getting any reports it gives us a idea of area and depth that they are.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Seems strange this year - the charters off of Erieu are already starting to get them in decent numbers. The action in past years has started off the Lorain area, them moved to Wheatly, and then to Erieu. It might be worth a run up to the area some time soon.

JD

·
44 Posts
We caught a steelie this afternoon in 54' just off Rocky River on a rainbow trout spoon on a big dipsey #2 setting 75' back while fishing for eyes. I was quite surprised to catch one in that shallow.

·
Fishing vs catching
102 Posts
Fished 5 mi north of Avon Lake power plant. 8:30a to 11a. Boated 7 eyes...largest 9.5# 31". Hooked two steelies...first one decided he had a better offer 15' from the boat and made a wild run...he is still swimming. Next came off a jet 10 124' back on a board...blue bubble stinger. he was all of 20" and was sent home to see momma.

Bait haystacks were all over the bottom. Many marks. No other boats around us as far as we could see.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I pulled two steelies on Friday morning north of Beaver Park in 42'. First was 26" and hit a small stinger (bloody nose) and the second about 19" on a copper "confusion"... a bit surprised they were in that close... thought they'd be another couple miles out. I posted the pics under the thread "Gotta share this story".
Bill

·
Registered
371 Posts
numbers are picking up pretty good now. seems like there is a group of steelhead that shoot straight north to wheatley and ereau right when they leave the river and a group that hang on the south shore a little longer. things should be damn good in another week around lorain and avon.

·
Registered
11,355 Posts
Saw a number of steelhead chasing baitfish in 50 FOW North of the Crib. Managed to hook and boat one around 8 pounds. WalleyeGuy hooked up three and baoted one in the same area. Heard a lot of talk of fish in the 55 to 60 FOW, again due Norh of the Crib,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts