Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday set up on the 40/10 around noon and trolled NE. Caught several walleye along the way but never turned back because we were in search of STEEL. Finally got into them! We went 6 for 6 and decided to call it a day so we could get an early start on Sunday. Ran to the 43/07 and trolled to the 45/05 and it was on! We went 10 for 16 on the steel and 8 walleyes also.

Hope this helps!

J.W.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
40/10.....thats some rowin.

Nice job fishin and thanks for the report.

Fishin dream.......just imagine.......what if eyes fought like steel!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speed was 3.0 - 3.2 for the chromers. 2.8 I would pick up walleyes. Purple or orange spoons worked the best. Other colors did a little, also. 3 setting 130 back worked great, 1 setting 65-80 worked and a 40 jet with 2 ounces in front 115 worked good, too. I would give 20-30 min. a set up, and if it didn't work we changed it.

J.W.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thanks for the report. At least now I know they are out there. Was out on the 40/09 Saturday and got nada. Should have went out further north. It was a little bumpy in the morning. But till Afternoon it laid down should have ran out there. Thanks Again

·
trophy baha charters
167 Posts
JW your sure did put on a show sunday.I had hawghunter on my baha following you on sunday we had two hookups but none in the boat.we boated 6 eyes.thanks for the info we are going back out there sunday hopr to see you....chaos

·
264 Posts
Hi No Wake,
The numbers are the middle of the GPS numbers.
41(40).522 083(06).291 which would be the 40-06 line.The numbers put you in the general area.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you are running out that far, I don't mind sharing info. I hope that some people can keep on them and report back. I may try to get out on Sunday, but plan on going to the River Festival in Huron Saturday night. I will be fishing all week, too.

J.W.

·
trophy baha charters
167 Posts
jw i know of two guys going out that way on sat.if I HERE SOMETHING I WILL DROP YOU SOME INFO.THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi No Wake,
The numbers are the middle of the GPS numbers.
41(40).522 083(06).291 which would be the 40-06 line.The numbers put you in the general area.

Thanks, I thought maybe that was it, anyhow don't worry about me I'll never get out there the way things are going this year.

·
264 Posts
Hi JW,
Thanks for the report as we fish at 82-06.502 41-45.711 and end uo with 10 -24 on steelies and 9-11 on walleyes. 45-50 down on riggers.#1 dipsy on 3 out 125 on 1.5 100. Purple with black ladder back pro king and Purple with glow ladder back were hot.Saw Woodie from cranberry and talked to to him to start but we had trouble with radio after that.If you fish out there please give reports as the fish are always moving.There are plenty of fish out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts