close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steelhead Season Has Come Early to The Rock!

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by saintmathew, Sep 12, 2004.

1. This is just a quick note to let all the Steelheaders know that a bunch of guys have been getting Steelhead in selected spots of the Rocky. I am not going to say where, because I don't give away others spots unless it's cool with them. Although, I will share some info on my spots if you PM me.

They have been getting them on spoons (Little Cleos) and Spinner (Blue Fox Vibrax and Rooster Tails). The fish have also been taking Minnows.

They must have come in with the hurricane whether and know one knew about it yet. I fished today for a few hours and only had one release.

For all those who are wading. Be careful man! The bottom of the river is tossed around big time and there are boulders scattered here and there. I almost got swept away tonight. The current is pretty tough.

Also, don't waste your money on spinner and spoons if you don't wade. Snags are everywhere this year. I was able to walk over and pull mione out.

I would like to encourage you guys to practice "catch and release" often this year. The limit is one trout and/or salmon, two fish, not two of both. Join a club too! It's important to be dedicated to the protection and promotion of Steelhead and Salmon fishing.

We all know how the guys can get on each other's nerves when the bug really hits, so be cool and practice respect when walking into a fishing spot. Okay, I am done preaching, just excited. Keep this thread going and I'll see you guys around. Anyone wants to fish with me, let me know. It's on!

SM

2. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

I went on thursday: I pull 2 fished, I walked from the nature center down to 90 over pass. There in there for sure. i was so happy i did the fish dance. The sad part was I went out to smallie fish. this is the 2nd time I pulled steelhead on slug-gos. I'm going to start useing them a lot more........

3. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Hmm.. The "Fish Dance"????? Now that's something I would like to see! lol :D

Reel Lady

4. Now I'm excited!! a couple of years ago I did really well in the river this time of year, but I thought this warm weather for the past week had probably kept them in the lake...Glad I'm wrong!! just want to reinforce the original post and urge all of the people who fish the rivers from now until May, PLEASE respect each other out there!! keep your voices down, respect other fisherpeople's space and practice C/R. we are really lucky to have such great trout fishing and lets keep it that way!! there are plenty of Perch and Walleye for the dinner table...