close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steelhead season 07/08 in review

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by corndawg, May 31, 2008.

1. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

Now that the season is over I thought it would be interesting if everyone posts a couple of their favorite pics of steel that they or a family or friend caught this past season. Here’s a few of mine….

early fall
    [​IMG]

Caught this one right as the sun went down
    [​IMG]

typical Rock steely
    [​IMG]

a cold late December morning
    [​IMG]

My buddy Mark with one for the grill
    [​IMG]

egg pattern on the fly rod
    [​IMG]

None of them were monsters but I caught my share of the run and had a
    great time.Can't wait for the 08/09 season

[​IMG]

2. Here are some of my better pics. I had a great year numbers wise, but not a lot of size so I don't have any good pictures. The biggest one was actually my last one, but I didn't post it because I figured I would get blasted for getting it dirty for the picture.

I love the coloring on the top one. The second one isn't a very big fish, but it was my 200 of the season. I ended up with 229. The one through the ice was pretty cool because I had to fight them all day from going under that shelf. The last one was of Vkutsch and a nice chromer he caught.

Attached Files:

3. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Very nice pics guys!!!

I only took a couple of pics this season. Nothing spectacular.

A typical early season fish from the Rocky.
    [​IMG]

This fish was memorable because I actually caught it 3 times in a row from the same hole. It was in a span of about 10 minutes and from different spots in the hole(not sight fishing)
    [​IMG]

Got this FO trolling near the mouth.
    [​IMG]

Although not from this season but it is one of my favorites. It was actually caught in Dec. 2006.
    [​IMG]

4. GREAT STEEL GUYS!!! Here some pics of my season.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh Senior Member

Good idea. Heres a few of mine.

Attached Files:

6. Had some great times steelie fishing this year. The best memories were getting Nick on some nice fish. Sometimes, with the help of fellow OGFers like Tubuzz...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Here is a couple pic's that I thought were worth looking from this season.

Early Nov.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Toward the end of Jan..
    [​IMG]

Caught this one at the end of March and like the color (check out the teeth).
    [​IMG]

8. First one is a week before Christmas and the last two pics (same fish) are in the spring. Didn't take very many pics this year.... too busy catchin' fish! :G

Attached Files:

9. O.k. here is a slide show from my year......

[​IMG]

10. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

heres a few I caught

Attached Files:

11. Attached Files:

12. I live in Columbus, so I don't get up at much as I'd like, but here are a couple.

My biggest of the season, 32 1/8"
    [​IMG]

A dark 29" male
    [​IMG]

Used to take pictures of all the fish I caught, now it is only if they are big or if they have some cool colors.

Joel

13. BuzzBob

BuzzBob Take a Dad fishing

Great photos guys. Have to admit, the best one has got to be the young man smiling. Isn't it great to see him "hooked on fishing?" I remember when I was 9 and a friend of the family took me fishing for the first time. All I caught was a creek chub but the fuse was lit!

14. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Shucks I dont really have any pictures from this year.
    Only made a few trips. Only took one picture and its only 28"
    Sigh

Lmao at joel counting his fish.

15. It's called an online journal :)

You could probably count yours pretty easily this year on one hand!

16. The '07-'08 steelie season was a great one for me. It was the first season that I fished the run hard, and the first season that I was able to catch steelies with some regularity. Mid season I started fishing with a centerpin and towards the end of the season I started tying some flies. Needless to say I caught the steelie fever bad this season, and I can't wait until Fall to start it all over again.

Here are some of my favorites from this past season.

[​IMG]
    This was my first steelhead caught on a centerpin.

[​IMG]
    This was the first steelie I caught on a streamer that I tied. Definitely all the more rewarding to catch a fish on any kind of lure that you make yourself.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A few nice looking bucks.

Of course, I didn't have my camera with me the day that I caught the coolest looking steelhead.:mad: He was about a 26" buck that was black, not just dark grey, but actually black with blood red cheeks and side streaks. That was the only time I ever caught a black and red one like that.

John

17. crg

crg multi-species angler

another great year on steelhead alley. introduced 2 of my buddies to the sport this year, they both ended catching steel on fly rods. for one of my buddies this was the first year he tried fly fishing as well. i still consider myself a noob, this being the third season that i have seriouly pursued chrome and second with the fly, and spent much of this season trying to figure out different tactics. definitly caught more larger fish this year than last.
    [​IMG]my buddy 1st steel on fly[​IMG]one of the better looking ones[​IMG]one of the last ones of the season

18. crg

crg multi-species angler

and one more thing,
    the summer is just underway, im not a fan of the cold, and would mind if summer never ended. but i cant stop thinking about of the return of chrome to the rivers. bring on the cold, big on the big fish, bring on the sound of a fly reel singing

19. [​IMG]
    I wanted to get in on this, the brightest fish I have ever caught