close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

steelhead information needed

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by gamehogg, Feb 13, 2005.

1. I live in eastliverpool ohio. I am planning a trip up to conneaut this weekend upcoming. I was hoping on any information that someone can supply me about the creek. If they are hitting, and where at. It is a fairly long trip but I enjoy catching them. Plus to make sure I do not get skunnked the whole time are the smelt still in the bay??

2. The Smelt are still in the bay, but should be working thier way out. If you can get underneath them you are good. Ice shelves still exist at the mouth of Lake Erie, but fishing should be pretty good from the harbor on down to Lakeville. Seems like they are mainly taking pink spawn for the bait and nymphs, egg patterns, and wooly buggers on fly patterns. Try any minnow patterns you might have too. I have been doing very well on a particular one tied by a friend for me.

I don't know if you are talking about fishing in OH or the PA side, but if on the PA side, route 6N provides access where it crosses the creek, along with Mckee Road east of Route 6N. Most of the Steelhead fishing is best in this area. But fishing should be good upstream and down in the creek if we do not get too much rain.

Mathew