close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steelhead Info

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by BiteMyLine, Aug 27, 2007.

1. BiteMyLine

BiteMyLine Just One More Cast

Just looking for some advice on planning a steelhead trip. I have never been up to erie to target steelhead so I'm clueless as to tactics. I have done some reading online but that's about it. I have waders and don't mind trying breakwalls either, depending where and when the fish are biting. Any advice on a good place to start with. I live in southwest ohio and will be driving a good 4 hours maybe more and don't want to come up there and get skunked. With that said where I come up will have to be somewhere near a hotel without driving too far each day to find the fish. Also, any particular colors and sizes for spoons, or rooster tails when fishing the breakwalls, and what type of floats should I be looking at for best results? Any other info would be great. I'll be checking up on when to come as the weather starts getting colder and the forums start getting hot. Thinking mid to late october so far.

2. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

not a whole lot of current info about the fishing reports that anyone can give you at this time...UMmmmm...they haven't gotten into the rivers or near them yet.

Depending on rain and temp, 3 weeks or so till they get close enough to us to even bother with.

The steelies hit on jig and maggot and spoons early season.

Use the search button, and search for posts from last year around the september and october timeframe.... That should give you all the info you need of where and when.

flash----------------------------out