close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steelhead for the first time

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by seanb19, Nov 11, 2007.

1. I am going up to the grand river to catch some steelheads. I will post some pictures if I catch anything. I have been reading everyones postings and I feel like I should have a story to post.

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

gotta love that confidence. good luck:D

3. Only had one catch(about 5-6lbs), I think the fish were spooked from all the people coming over to the Grand River since the Rocky River is low. I will admit that this was the hardest kind of fishing I have ever done. Understanding the different techniques and battling the weather was very challenging, but I LOVED it and I can't wait to do it again!!! Here is my pic

Attached Files:

4. Congrats on you first steelhead how was the water in the grand was it up or about normal.

5. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

nice, now your hooked

6. It was my first time up there, so for me to say if the water was normal or not I would not be the person to ask. I can say that it was deep in some areas I had hip huggers on and I was fishing in waters up to my thighs and I wasn't even in the deep spots.

7. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

so thats how its done? just say to yourself "im going to catch steelhead" and you do:p lol. nice job. keep at em:D

8. I always try to have a possitive attitude and it seems to work. Sometimes I catch stuff other times I don't. I felt that I would have a good chance catching one with all I have been hearing about with people I went fishing with. Last week they told me they weren't fishing for more than 5 minutes and they both landed some.
    I really enjoy this sport and there is so much to learn... next year I hope to be good enough to get into some tournies. But, the only problem is I do not have a boat yet.. I hope to get one after the holidays.

9. Juan More Fish

Juan More Fish AKA Dnavarroj

I went up to grand river ,me and a friend. And we caught some steelheads. Was our first time and we had a blast.
    We got lucky and found a little honey hole.
    Cant wait to go back.
    I caught 1 10 pounder. We took pics and everything because i knew my wife and friends werent goonna belive us.:D [​IMG]

10. Congrats, on the fish! What were you using to catch them? I cant wait to get back out there. I am planning to go in the next few weeks. I hear the colder it is the better they bite!!!

11. OneManShow

OneManShow Kayak Bassman

I'm meaning to "catch" some steelhead- not to be misconstrued as "going for" or even "trying"- You're right Bro- Catch or catch not,There is no try.

And with a positive attitude like that- You're welcome to join the legion of Kayak fisherman. That'll solve that pesky boat problem without adding a nagging trailer problem.

12. Where do you guys meet? and what exactly is it?