close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

steelhead fishing in NE ohio?

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by adamplacek, Oct 11, 2007.

1. i know they come in when its colder but does anyone know when they'll be coming in?

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

with todays wet cold weather there should be a good run for the weekend.

3. they are already in the rivers. mostly in the deeper stretches.

4. Trouble is, not enough wet where we need it. Just returned from the rocky for a quick look. From the softball fields (near rockcliff) upstream (south) is extremely low and clear. From rockcliff area to the lake is not as low, but still low. Visibility was less than 6". The decent rain really didn't make it south of I-90 in the rocky drainage, so most of the river is still below typical summer levels. A few fish are around, but probably stressed due to not having many places to hide in the low, clear water.

We need a hurricane, or two.

5. adamplacek, check your PM's.

6. im going to head up to the rock this afternoon but dont anticipate anything much different than what steel said, however if im surprised i will let you know.

7. gilligan

gilligan Guest

Went 3 of 4 in the Rocky yesterday, however that was from a boat right at the mouth of the river. HJ-10 & Little cleo.

8. just got back and steel was right. the water is still low even due to the amount of rains we have gotten. saw a few jump here and there. one guy got two but thats all i heard. need some more rain.