Ohio Game Fishing banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Left Lorain dock at 8 Saturday morning was little bumpy still. Ran to 45/09 trolled south with waves worked to 43 turned went back north as lake laid down had 32 hook ups and landed our 20 plus 10 keeper walleye. Speed 3.0-3.5 dipsys1 setting 95-105 #2 115-125 #3 140-160, and Downrigger at 50 (8lb balls) all orange spoons. Absolute blast

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put out numbers last Wednesday … it took a while but the chromes were at 40/06. Do I still need to go 22 miles from vermilion again. Any relative assistance would be greatly appreciated. I will post results manana.

·
Registered
486 Posts
We will be out in the morning headed NE out of 72nd street. I'll be on 68 if you want to give me a shout. Targeting chrome and eyes 72-74'

Cant. Ken
I Chase Her Charter Services

·
Registered
486 Posts
We fished NE of 72nd Street in 72-74 FOW. all marks deep...53-60' down. Lines in at 8:45. Targeted down riggers, dipseys and bandits with 4 oz wgts. at what marks were there, but things went pretty slow. We kept 3 eyes 2.5-3 lbs. but had to catch 6-7 shorts for each of those. Never had a SH hit until my wife said it was time to go (after 2-3/4 hours). I pushed it after I turned and said "okay were headed home" (at 3.0). Anyway the first SH hit a orange/silver spoon on the rigger. 4-1/2 lbs. Second Chrome (same size) hit a dispey setting 3 at 155. ( SPOTTED PINK SPOON) Third on same rigger and after a short battle it leaped about 4' or more in the air and the was gone. I think if we would have circled around that area we would have done much better as we had those three chrome on within 20 minutes of each other. I am headed to northern Ontario for three weeks. I will miss heading out on the lake but we will be targeting Northerns and Speckles at our favorite lakes as well as fixing up our bear bait and duck blinds. Looking to do some nearshore SH fishing late Sept / early Oct. Then the FB!

Stay Safe.

Capt. Ken
I Chase Her Charter Services

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pulled 3 tickets of walleye and 3 tickets of Steelhead between the 41-43 and the 04-05. 43/05 was the best. Dipsey’s 3 Setting 150-165 ft, 1 1/2 Setting 125-135ft, and 0 Setting 105-115ft back. Speed 2.8-3.2 mph. Double Dutch, Watermelon, Blue Mongoose, and a Silver spoon with a crazy color pattern. Not sure the name. Fish were scattered but once you got a couple bites, we kept circling on them and kept pulling fish. Pulled some nice walleye as well. Epic day on the lake!! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
So If I have the gps right at 42-43north, and 04-05 west, that would be north of Avon? Otherwise if north and west are flipped you were NE of Ashtabula?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Thanks. We tried that area north of Avon a month ago. Could not find good marks. Fished anyway and got limit oof mostly 17-18” eta. No steel. We tried the area NE of Geneva s week ago with similar results. Heading back to Geneva or Bula maybe Wednesday.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts