close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steelers Win Again... 11-1

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Chuck P., Dec 6, 2004.

1. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Great game tonight. One of the most physical games I've seen all year.

11-1 with tie breaker advantages over everyone...

I see Home Field throughout the playoffs and a Super Bowl Trip back down to Jacksonville in Feb.

2. dip

dip dip

you gotta admit it was HILARIOUS to see cowher CRY and pout when they called a personal on #55! he reminds me of DA KING! :D

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

They have got to be the luckiest team in the league...And they are pretty good also!

4. That game was a little too close for comfort, but Ben played the best game of his young career last night! Jax is a good team (any team that starts 4 ex-Steelers has to be pretty good) that was fighting for the playoff lives, the rookie made it look easy with his final drive to win the game. Can you imagine how good this kid will be in the years to come ?!

10-0 as a starting QB in the NFL

The kid just doesn’t know how to lose!

5. Yes it was too close for comfort. I actually thought they were hosted when at 2 minutes to go they were down by a field goal. The jaguars were playing good and making good passes. I didn't feel the Steelers played that good last night except for the final few plays.

6. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

To me, this game was a testiment to the Steelers will this year. I hate to say it, but they sure seem a lot like the Buckeyes of 02' I know Jacksonville are the Cardiac Cats this year, but I could only think about OSU and how they played to the level of their oppenent during their nat'l championship run resembling the Steelers...

Things I noticed...there will be new blitz packages in full swing soon as bringing the safeties all night was opening up the middle of the field and hurting em big time...give credit though...Jax was picking up the blitz very very well.

Don't run against the Steeler's especially if you're going to delay the hand-off.

Lastly, Dwayne Washington, and Edwards never played that well for the Black&Gold as they did last night :eek:

P.S. If you ever wanted to see a smashmouth, balls to the wall, gut check performance...both teams deserve an award...The refs for the most part let em play and that was one of the best games physically I've seen since the playoffs...Porter absolutely got rocked on a play...taken out of his shoes...that alone tells you this game was a bruiser!!!!

7. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

And with that win the Bengals are still alive in the wildcard hunt. Now they just need to beat NE and Philly...

8. keeps getting closer and closer to DA KING paying up :D

9. Flathunter, how are they the luckiest team in the league? They've only won two games that came down to the last minute. If anything, Jax was lucky to kick that last field. Replays show that the Steelers defender didn't even make contact with the Jax receiver.

10. catking

catking Banned

They will lose 2 of their next 4 games, and lose home field advantage . I BET MY CATTIN PLOES ON IT ;) Close, but not close enough Polesnatcher :cool: Guys, the Steelres are indeed having a great season, but they will not win the AFC. New England is still the team. Luck archman ??? I've seen 5 games in which they have ran back long interceptions for td's amd someother things that are indeed luck. BUT, it takes some luck to win in this league , it all evens out in the end...... CATKING........hey dipster........ :p

11. I got cattin poles so i'll let you keep those :rolleyes:

WE'll see what happens the next few

12. CW03

CW03

The Steelers are on freakin fire now :eek:

13. catking

catking Banned

Their final 4 games are as follows : Buffalo ( very tough right now, and the game is at Buffalo) Baltimore ( Steelers only loss ) @ the NY Giants and the NY Jets. I see 2 losses in that scenerio . THE CATKING !!!

14. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

2 losses? Where are they??

Buffalo?= Not unless there is a blizzard that day! Steelers should wrap up the Division easily.

Baltimore?= Steelers only loss this year. Maddox was the QB, Horrible game. Revenge will be sweet. ;)

NY Giants?= They could play Eli and Warner, it wouldn't matter. Ther're BAD this year, and not BAD in a good way.:D :D

NY Jets?= Toughest game of the 4 IMO...Last game of the reg. season. Division should be wrapped up by then. Pittsburgh may sit out most regular players, but if home field advantage is still up for grabs, STEELERS WIN.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

:cool:

15. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Trapped in New York!

Man, Watching that game had me on edge the whole time.
    My husband, David, was watching highlights of it when I came
    home from work tonight, and all those feelings of tenseness came back!
    It sure was a stressful but fun game to see.

I enjoyed getting to sit with David to watch the game,
    we don't get to do that often! I was upset that they didn't run
    the clock down a little longer in the end, but they lucked out that Jacksonville missed that field goal attempt!

And yes, it was a very physical game.. but too many flags!
    I'd hate to have been Joey Porter!
    I'm sure Cowher was all over him at one point!

I think they'll beat Buffalo... and hopefully the Jets this weekend.
    In the shadow of Chris Berman... I just gotta say...

I think the Steelers might... Go.. All.... the... WAAAAYYY!!! :cool:

16. catking

catking Banned

They are right in front of you Chuck :rolleyes: Buffalo will win, what have they won now, 5 out of their last six ? Didn't they start out 0-5 ? Then you have the Jets. They will win also. .Heck I see one more, the Ravens ;) Don't you all forget that the Steelers beat the Patriots when Dillion was out.....Whole diffrent ball club this year when he's out............ Steelers 1-3 over their last four games......... :cool: .DA KING !!!

17. catking

catking Banned

The Fishin Mom just re- affirmed something that was touched upon earlier in this thread about the Steelers being lucky. She said, and I quote " but they lucked out when Jacksonville missed that field goal attempt ".I rest my case.................. :cool:

18. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Trapped in New York!

no doubt... they lucked out.
    I was mad that they even gave Jacksonville the
    opportunity to get close enough to try!

19. Sunday is near catking

the first of four moments of truth

20. catking

catking Banned

I'll be seeing what all you guys have to say after Sundays game ;) It will be one down and one to go. Possibly 2 to go :cool: DA KING !!!