close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steelers vs. Eagles

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by moondog5814, Sep 22, 2008.

1. moondog5814

moondog5814 captainhook

Like I said before, I knew that Pittsburgh's offensive line was weak. After watching this game, I was amazed that Big Ben wasn't carried off in a stretcher. It was absolutely the worst display of blocking that I have ever seen. If it wasn't for Ben's ability to scramble, the Eagles might have had about 15 sacks. They were rushing 5 or 6 guys on every play. The Steelers had no answer for the pass rush. We are in big trouble, if they don't figure out some new blocking scheme.

2. The Eagles are no joke...I think it will come down to the Cowboys and the Eagles in the NFC...whoever has the better day in the playoffs will be playing in the Super Bowl.

3. The Eagles are a good team, but the Steelers were not ready for it! As for blocking up front...they will be fine -it was more about how the coverage was than the rush - could not find any one open to get rid of the ball -

overall it was a combination of good D vs good D...we just ended up on the wrong end of the score.

4. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Dog, Ben didn't have to take all those sacks. He wont throw the ball away because it will affect his QB rating. He could have gotten rid of 5 of those sacks had he just thrown the ball away. If you T VO'd the game you could see what i mean. I'm not blaming him for losing the game. I watched that same OFFENSIVE line that you did. What's bad is, they made no adjustments on trying to block. They should have figured it out by the second quarter but they were worse in that one than the first. They have to get in the film room and correct this. Other teams will watch film and try to emulate that scheme. Baltimore is next and they're no slouch on D. Then Jacksonville after that. Better correct this now. The schedule doesn't get any easier. We still have the giants, redskins, colts, chargers, Pats, cowboys,and titans to play. They all have pretty good run defenses too. Gonna be a very rewarding season this year. I'm looking to win at least 10 games or better against this group of teams.

5. moondog5814

moondog5814 captainhook

Hey Chaunc, Do you really think that Big Ben really cares about his QB rating? Maybe it was because I was watching the game in a bar and not the ususal confines of my home, but I didn't think that he had a chance to unload the ball on a lot of the plays. You are correct in the fact that other teams will mimic what the Eagles did. Now that I think about it though, Leftwich seemed to get rid of the ball when he came in except for one play. Hopefully, they will recover against the Ravens.