close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steelers in OT

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by PoleSnatcher, Jan 15, 2005.

1. They barely pulled it off. Pretty crappy game over all from what I seen (took a nap from half to 4th quarter)

Neverless they move on with home field again next week

2. Yup, guess it had to be boring if you could not stay awake, lol. Give a prediction on next game. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

3. FRom A trully jealous browns fan : The sigh of relief in Picklesburg created an oxygen excess in wertern PA. Hopefully they bottled some of it for next week as they played like a team that cannot wait to be eliminated. So when they choke vs colts or pats they can use that excess oxygen. :rolleyes: :D :D

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

The steelers have to be the luckiest team I have ever saw, no matter how bad they look they win...I guess I am jealous.

5. but, we are still in it. For the AFC Championship Title gameI might add for all you desperate Browns fans! :rolleyes: It may have been ugly but a win is a win!

I can't remember ever seeing a game played like that. Two missed field goals! I have to agree with Coach Cowher and what he said after the game..."The Jets played a great game but were playing next week!" As he left for the locker room with a smile on his face and I agree with him 100%!! Bring on the Pats or Colts, we'll be ready for them!...I hope...I better go out and stock up on the Rolaids. :)

GO STEELERS!

6. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

The best team won today but I can't understand how or why.

The Jets remind me of my beloved browns :(

Steelers were LUCKY today.

7. Man did the Steelers luck out!

Go Steelers! Next week Ben hopefully will be back into it....he was sloppy tonight.

8. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

What a game.... Go Pitt...

9. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

take off the gloves Ben!!

10. I Couldn't Agree With You More Procraft

11. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

why would you wear the gloves when you haven't used them all season? If your winning games without them why change!!

12. If they end up playing the Falcons,the Steelers better have their act together!!and be healthyand hungry for a win. Mike Vick can runnnn!!!!!!!
    I'm pulling for the Steelers :D

13. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Pittsburgh fans can only hang with a QB for a limited time anyway. You'll all be yelling for Maddox to play after a couple more Rotorouterburger INT's

Remember Niel O'Donnell and those two int's that were thrown right to the defenders, Rotoburgers looked the same. You all loved Neil until that happened. Last year, Tommy, Tommy, he's awesome, now it's tommy who, you have Rotoburger.

Rotoburger is not the second coming of Bradshaw, Pittsburgh fans even hated Bradshaw right up until the Super bowl wins started rolling in.

As much as I am not a fan of the Steelers, I must admit it sure must be nice to have something to talk about this time of year. I haven't talked about the Browns in the last 10 weeks except to say how much they suck.

Good luck Steelers fans.

14. Ben is a rookie QB. He is only the second rookie QB to win a playoff game. He is the ONLY rookie QB in the history of the NFL to win his first 14 games. He had a bad night! Not much worse than Penny (one more INT, but one more TD as well) He has been wearing the gloves in cold weather since High School. He didn’t play well against the Jets the first time. BUT, he did win BOTH games. That is all that matters!

The Steelers played excellent D, and we all know D wins championships. They stopped the NFL leading rusher, and the Jest O scored a total of 3 points. 3 points. The running game was on fire, and I don’t think that any of the remaining teams can stop the Steelers running game.

Special teams gave up a HUGE TD.

Bettis had a fluke fumble when the Steelers were moving the ball (his first of the year).

A rookie QB threw an INT for a TD.

Without any one of these three plays, it would have been a blowout! You say the Steelers are lucky? I say the Steelers overcame some BAD luck last night. Either way, they only need one more win to advance to the Super Bowl for a chance to win number 5!

15. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Ben is surrouded by great talent, Tim Couch would go to the pro bowl if he was on the Steelers.

16. Well stated Rooster!

And Lundy, you and your Browns have had a bit of a QB juggling act since the inception of your new Browns back into the league.

Remember a player by the name of Tim Couch? Do you remember him? He was your first round pick, a.k.a. the original "Chosen One" and I might add - the new savior of the Browns. When things didn't go so right, I believe a player by the name of Kelly Holcomb was thrown into the mix and what do we have...a QB controversy!

Newsflash, the Brown's reported that Kelly Holcomb is now the "Chosen One" after a couple of fluke win's, so let's bench Couch for him. Wait a second, hold the proverbial phone, we just found out the Hocomb stinks too!

What to do? What to do?

Okay, here is the new plan. We'll cut Couch, bench Holcomb and sign Jeff "I didn't feel so crisp" Garcia. That sounds like it will work. He can be our 2004 "Chosen One" since Kellen was a basic no show for '04. Whew...that was close.

Stop the presses! We just found out (after the rest of the league already knew) this Garcia guy is a whinying, crying, injury-prone one man show who can't get the job done.

Darn it anyway, what is a franchise to do?

I know, you can start next season with Luke McCown. Or for that matter, maybe Josh Brown....they could be your 2005 "Chosen Ones!" but it just sounds like another QB fiasco just waiting to happen!

Hey, you could always draft another QB and WR with your top three picks in the '05 draft. Who needs linemen anyway. The're overrated. Just ask Butch!

I love Cleveland football, don't you!

GO STEELERS!

17. 16-1 don't mean your always impressive it just means you find a way to win.
    Tim Couch couldn't make the pro bowl if he were the only QB left in the league. He wasn't very good in college and if it wasn't for the Browns he would have never started in the NFL. He wouldn't have made most teams.
    The Steelers talent isn't any better than last year when they had a losing record exept a good rookie QB and a new injury/fumble prone veteran RB.
    They're just learning how to win and thats mostly coaching and teamwork.
    I'll take the win :D Go Steelers

18. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Let's not get too crazy....:p :D