close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steelers 14-1, Ben will be Rookie of the year!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Rooster, Dec 27, 2004.

1. The Steelers locked up HFA yesterday buy going 14-1 and taking on all comers with a rookie QB! The AFC playoffs will be tough (maybe the strongest playoff teams in over ten years). But I like this team's chances! The best D in the league coupled with a great running game. Even if Ben cannot play, the Steelers would still have a chance. I have not read anymore about his injury. Still getting reports that it is a rib or sternum injury. The kid is tough and made two nice passes right after the injury. He had to leave the field, but it has been reported that Cower would not let him return (Ben wanted to go back into the game).

Anyway, this kid is a lock for Rookie of the Year. In fact he may have one of the best rookie season of any player in the history of the NFL. He has won more games than any other rookie QB in the history of the NFL (13-0). After week 16, this kid is still undefeated. This record will probably never be broken. It is rare for a team to win 13 games in a season, and I don't think that it will ever happen again with a rookie QB. Now, if he can lead his team to a Super Bowl victory .....he will have to get serious consideration for greatest rookie of all time! Just hope that he can get a chance to play.

2. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

The "Kid" to tough....Sure hope he's recovers from his injury...

3. Cowher reports in his weekly press conference that Ben has bruised rib cartilage, and should be able to practice tomorrow! I would love to see him go 14-0 in his rookie year, but I think that he should stay off the field next week…..13-0 and a healthy QB for the playoffs is just fine with me!

Also, anyone notice the MONSTER game that Harrison had in his first full game at LB? Now, what other beast of a LB from Kent State played for the Steelers?

4. catking

catking Banned

They are probably the best team going right now. In fact, they are the best going. BUT, history is going against them . If they go into the playoffs at 15-1, I doubt that they will go the rest of the way. I would say this no matter who it is. The main reason would be Big Ben. He has to lose sooner or later. I say they lose to Buffalo, @ Buffalo this coming week. Rest Big Ben for that game, then start the playoffs with Ben . In that scenario , I believe they win the Super Bowl. Starting Ben this week would be stupid in my opinion . CATKING

5. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Actually, Cowher needs to sit out ALL the regular starters..There is nothing to gain from winning this game.

6. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I say play Ben a quarter if hes up to it and dont sit ALL the starters just the ones that arn't 100%. you don't want to loose any momentum from not winning this game.

7. catking

catking Banned

" MOON " as in Warren Moon...... You guys remember when the Houston Oilers were the best team in the NFL and the Oilers played the Bengals the last game of the season. They s didn't rest Moon, in fact he played the whole game , only to break his hand in the fourth quarter.they lost in the playoffs....... I believe this late in the season you can't lose momentum ;) but then again, the Eagles are doing a pretty good job at it..... CATKING

8. I hope that Big Ben sits this week out, along with Bettis and Burris. Keep getting the big guns rested up and healthy for the first playoff game. Last game of the season means nothing, so I hope Cowher is smart about this one. I see it coming down to Pittsburgh and New England in the AFC championship. If that is the case, it will be a closer game the second time around. But I believe the Steelers will pull through and finally win one for the thumb (unlike 1995!)

9. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I hope Big Ben plays this week and has 30 rushing attempts!

10. catking

catking Banned

How about R.O.Y. AND the MVP ??? Don't snicker...... Ben is by far the most valuble player to his team in the NFL. The only other player who I think would beat him is Manning. But Manning is always really good. I say give the kid both awards......... THE CATKING !!!

11. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

I remember this game, Warren Moon suffered an "open dislocation" of his thumb. :eek: They replayed it over and over and had a realy good view of him holding his hand up in front of his face. He looked like he was going to pass out and I would not have blamed him!