close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steelers – Bengals game

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Rooster, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Where are all the Benglas fans, and what are your predictions for the game? I’m thinking that it will be a BLOW-OUT! Yes, the high powered Steelers O will dominate the woeful Bengals D. Duce is going to have a MONSTER game. On the other side of the ball, the Steelers D will shut-down the run, and Palmer is going to have a rough day against the blitz. I also look for the Steelers ST to score. The Bengals only play maker (Chad Johnson) does scare me as he will find the end zone, but not enough to keep the Bengals in the game.

Steelers 31
    Bengals 17

See you on Monday!

2. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Well Rooster, I guess we'll just have to see about that. Lebeau is only two years removed as the head coach here and we still have the same offensive coordinator. Me thinks we know the Steelers defensive scheme pretty well. The bengals will spread the field on them once again and keep them on their heels all afternoon. We've got a bunch of key defensive players out and I think it's pretty much going to be a shootout but the rookie Rothlesbuger will not be able to match Palmer.
    I agree with you, it will be a blow out! :D

Bengals 31
    Pittsburg 14

3. Tough call! Allegiance to my Bengals(the worst professional franchise in history) :mad: or Big Ben.

Steelers 24
    Bengals 21

4. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

Steelers D will be laying for Palmers hurry-up throws, lets go burgh!!!

5. As a long time STEELERS fan, I would like to say the Steelers aren't capable of blowing anybody out. That said.... Steelers 21 Bengals 20. The sign of a great quarterback is winning it at the end and I think thats what will happen again. Go Big Ben ! I haven't thought the Steelers have had a decent QB since Bradshaw. This could be exiting. :) If anybody can make a young QB look horrible it's Marvin Lewis. :(

6. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I'm a big Bengals fan. BUT The Bengals have NO run defense. No defense Period. Their offensive line is riddled with injuries. They'll lose by 13pts. Steelers can't be that bad at home can they???? We'll see. Hate to say it but the Ravens are the team to beat in the AFC North.

Go Bengals!

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I hate them both, go BROWNS!

8. I could not agree with you more Rooster!

Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!

9. Procraftboats21

Ravens are defiently the team to beat in the AFC North, they've got an awesome defense and running game.

10. Bengals 40 Steelers 6. Who-day Go Bengals!!!

11. I was only 3 points off on the score, but it was anything but a blow out. The Steelers need to get their nasty D back!

12. I had the game total points pretty close. They got off to a good start but were too easily overpowered by the Steeler runners.

BTW, that defensive pass interference call in the end zone was a heart breaker for the Bengal fans. The ref really missed it that time. :rolleyes:

13. Not exactly a blowout, but Big Ben shows a lot of promise for a rookie. Might be the next Bradshaw. At least the Steelers pulled it out after a couple of fumbles.

Now, if we can just clobber those Browns. ;) Go Steelers!

14. I may be wrong,but I didn't seem to notice that vaunted Ravens rushing attack against Cleveland.Did Ray Lewis even get a tackle in that game? The only game I noticed the Ravens even resembling a legitimate playoff contender was against Pittspuke,but that's to be expected.My guess is whoever wins the conference,at best their record will be 9-7.What's the point anyway? Nobody in our division can touch the Pats,or Indy anyway.
    Ever notice how much Butch Davis and Jim Tressle's offensive schemes resemble each other? No imagination whatsoever,rarely will either one of them gamble(until late in the game and it's necessary).Back to the NFL,my early prediction for next Sunday-Browns 16 Steelers 13.

15. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

The mighty Bengals do it again. I'd like to know what game that Ref. was looking at with the supposed pass interference call, what a crock? The fumble by Watson was huge, that play changed the entire game. But nonetheless, in this division if you don't bring your "A game" on Sunday, you're going to be licking your wounds the rest of the week. We've got two weeks to lick ours :eek: .
    Then we'll beat up the Brownies. :D

16. Procraftboats21

my prediction for next week burgh wins 27-10 against the brownies.

17. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Browns-9

Squeelers-3