close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

steel help

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by big fish, Oct 28, 2007.

1. big fish

big fish big badd bass fisher

ok so today i went out to rocky and nothin was alive at the lower end and it got me thinking, were will the steel be (holes, runs, tail outs) acording to weather, river flow, etc?

2. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

I went to rocky today fished from 10:30 to 1:30 had 2 hook ups. the fly guys were money. woolies were the ticket. alot of active fish rolling. All fish were in runs

3. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

at early morning and befor the sun hits the water, fish the head and top middle of the pools and runs, as the sun gets higher and the day begins, move down to the tail and find the deeper runs that in in the shade along the backs, bends and look for the under cuts along the banks that looks like the currant cut up under the bank

4. What kind of presintation were you using, right now jig and maggot are were it's at. Were you moving spots or did you stay in one location.

5. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

ohoh, listen to Brian sounding like a pro>>>>>> just joking bro LOL Youve came along way in steelheading.

6. big fish

big fish big badd bass fisher

i was using spawn sacks, and i was moving. i went from the ford before the sun, to near the marina in the middle of the day.

7. I have gained alot help from reading your and KSU's posts and tips.